Chronic Cough Related to Nerve Damage in Rectum

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an accident with a sex toy in my anus about 5 months ago. It was painful but there was no blood and I didn't go to a hospital.

A few weeks after the incident, I developed a cough and since then I've had three chest infections.

I had an endoscopy done 10 days ago and the doctor confirmed some bruising about 4cm inside.

What I have noticed is that if I used hermorrhoid suppositories, it seems to alleviate the cough and chest feeling to a certain extent.

I also noticed that when pressure is applied to the tender area (like when the doctor checked it), my chest and cough felt worse the following day or two.

I now believe that I might have done some nerve damage (possibly due to an infection), in my rectum.

Is it possible that a damaged or exposed nerve in my rectum is causing me to have a cough and weird feelings in my chest?

I have seen a Pulmonologist and a Gastroenterologist and they both said that what I'm suggesting is not possible because the nerves for the chest/esophagus are too far apart from the nerves in the rectum. However, I strongly feel that the two things are linked.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.