Chronic daily headaches help me please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My story: help!! I am a candidate for constant daily headaches that do sometimes turn into migrains. My headaches started around 2 years ago but would only occur about once a day. As time went on they started to get more and more frequent until I was having 2 - 3 more a day. At this time if I took OTC medication or someone massaged my head, my headache would be relieved. I could always pin point where the pain and pressure was coming from as well. Either the top right or left side of my temples or the back of my head in the left or right side. Always one of these 4 places. Also, these headaches would progressively get worse if I didn't take medication, and eventually turn into a migraine. Because medication always got rid of my headaches, I never did anything about them. As long as I had a way to take away the pain, I was okay. This being said, I was taking SO much OTC medication every single day, around 3-4 times a day. As more time passed the headaches become even more frequent to the point where I would wake up and go to bed with them. All OTC medication stopped working for me. Nothing helped these headaches anymore. I have braces due to a misaligned jaw problem, so we asked him if my headaches could be due to this. He didn't seem to think so. Went to my dentist and he said that anyone with such a horrible bite and as much orthotic stuff I have going on would cause headaches. He came me a steroid for inflammation that he was SURE would make my Tmj joint stop being inflamed and stop my headaches. Took it. No luck. I then tried 2 chiropractors who said I had one leg a cm longer than the other and THIS could be the cause because all my muscles are being pulled more on one side than the other. I was then directed to physical therapy to address this. But no relief after going 6 times so we stopped. I went multiple times to my local doctor who suggested they may be rebound headaches from so much medication usage over the past years. She prescribed me amitriptalyn which made my migraine at the time go away but my constant headache was still there. I then went to a neurologist who said that I had either rebound headaches, or it's just a genetic disfortune that I have where I will always have migrains, but that there's medication I can take to treat them. SO, he put me on a different medication, venlaflaxine, and said that if it worked, that would mean I was just blessed with the misfortune of having migrains and I would have to take it the rest of my life. I've been on it for a month now and it hasn't helped my headaches. So we think this isn't the case. I am almost completely hopeless because I feel like I have tried everything. Wasted so much money. And have found no relief. I have a CT scan set up to see if they find anything. But I'm not sure what else to resort to if it doesn't show anything. The only thing I haven't tried is diet, food allergies, etc. so is it rebound headaches? My longer leg? My misaligned jaw? Genetics? I hope and pray for the day we find an answer and I can be out of pain. Any advice or knowledge would be so much appreciated. I would love to become happy and enjoy my life againsad

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

good day, Reading your story is like looking at a mirror in my own life – I had come to accept my all-rounder headaches and with that started living my live around it.  Been to doctors and have lost all my trust in them.  I was told 3 years ago it is early menopause (I was 35) ha! Still waiting for that to happen.  Then I was told it is stress and depression and I was put on anti-depressants.  Then I was made out to feel that I am just “one of those woman” that is just looking for attention.  What they don’t understand is that I use to me a happy person, it is having headaches and migraines every day that is making me depressed that is stealing years from my life and time with my husband and children.  It is not a choice. I did how- ever discover that sleeping with a gum-guard did help some – so talk to your dentist about that.   I do hope you find some answers with the CT scan and will pray for you.

• Posted

Wow that's awful... so sad that there are so many people suffering from headaches with no cures. Nobody realizes how miserable it truly is to live with either. Are yours daily and constant? I was on 2 anti depressants - amitriptalyn & venlafaxine. I'm actually still on the venaflaxine. But they haven't helped whatsoever. My ct results came in and showed nothing. I was honestly hoping it would show something so I would have an answer. So difficult sad your prayers are so much appreciated. Thank you so much. You'll be in mine.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the CT scan – yes mine is daily and nightly I am on a anti - depressant called Lexamil and sleeping tables as I can’t sleep due to the pain  – I think it keeps me from totally falling apart.  But I am one of the lucky ones as my husband is there for me and it helps a lot – I have a job and my boss seems to understand.  You must have your thyroid checked out as well.  Wish you well – God Bless

• Posted

Prayer for Migraine and Headache Sufferers

I pray ...

Lord have mercy on those who suffer from migraines and headaches.

May your healing presence comfort those affected.

May wisdom be granted to doctors and others.

May faith arise and peace encompass each in our need.

May life flow out of death and healing from pain.

In all things we confess our trust and belief in the name of Jesus.

Amen

• Posted

I have daily headaches which vary in intensity. I'm so fed up and I sometimes struggle to come to grips with what I'm going through. It's only been 9 months for me but that's long enough. The doctors think because I'm not dying i should get on with it. And try tell me I'm depressed which is causing the headache yet before this I was a healthy happy person with a good social life. Daily headaches are destroying and there is not enough support out there. I find I get upset a lot, which makes me worse. I'm going to try take the calm approach , accept this is me for now, hopefully not forever, and try be calm, sleep if I need to, stay in if I need To, and try de stress. I find it hard to believe that only stress could cause such pain , but it's work a try. Massage, yoga, deep breathing. I hope you find relief x

• Posted

I feel for you - not nice and yes doctors don’t get it but do try and stay calm and get yourself a gum guard from your dentist to sleep with it does help.  I accepted it now as part of my life and sometimes still have a pity party but life do carry on.  I also use to be a happy person that did not need a reason to smile but now it’s different – just believe that it will work itself out and read up about it not all can be solved by doctors ask me… stay away from food with MSG in it and try to avoid your cellphone, computer and TV screen as much as possible.  Somebody told me to stay away from Wi-Fi ha like that is possible everything runs on that at the moment – well I will pray for you and hope it will all be gone soon. just remember you are not alone in this ...

• Posted

There's a million and one things that I haven't tried yet, it's just finding that energy and will power to search and dedicate your time on trying everything in the book. It's a tiring search as you know yourself. Sometimes you just want someone to tell you what to do and give you an answer! I'm just thankful as it could always be worse! I hope you get well soon, a genie right now with 3 wishes would be great !

• Posted

Well I can’t give you answers and do not have a genie- (if I had a genie there would only be doctors with headaches) but if you need a chat I am here.  I have to be honest and tell you that I have wished my headache on some of those arrogant people that make me doubt my sanity (very bad I know) and I 120% understand what you are going through.  There is a another natural remedy that I will soon try if it works I will let you know – half cup of lemon juice – one cup of water and half a teaspoon Himalayan salt  - ha ha  well I have tried worst

• Posted

Although there awful to deal with they do make you appreciate the good people around you and give you a different outlook on life. And every good day I cherish!
    • Posted

yes I would like to think that there is a "bigger" reason behind these headaches - maybe God needs me to be there for others that suffer like this - I like to joke around sometimes it also helps to focus on others. some people just need to know that they are not alone in this. 

• Posted

If only we all had an answer ! I'm not hugely religious, but maybe your right because you made me feel better haha!

• Posted

I wanted to follow up on this conversation and see if anyone has found any solutions.

I have had daily headaches for going on 3 years now. They are tension type headaches across the front of my head that can turn into more severe migraines if dehydrated, with physical effort or direct sunlight.

The one temporary medicine that seems to help is Excedrin. I have tried all the other medicines (Antidepressants, migraine shots, botox, etc). I do not think it is from stress either. I also tried chiropractor, acupuncture, message, yoga). Love to hear any successes that have worked for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.