Chronic daily migraines? Not sinusitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have no idea where to start with this. For the past 2 years I have dealt with what I thought was sinusitis. After multiple ENT trips, numerous meds (steroids, antibiotics, nasal sprays) I have had no relief.

Everyday I am sensitive to light and sound. My balance is off. I am constantly congested and have post nasal drip with a lot of sinus pain. My vision is hazey and concentration poor. Fatigue is a huge problem as well. I have a deep dull headache daily that is worse in the morning and doesn't respond to painkillers or decongestants at all. Tension headaches along side it.

This has been making me really depressed and I have also developed a panic disorder along side it. I just can't get any relief regardless of what I do.

After a referral to the neurologist, they have said it's chronic daily migraines that do not "spike" just persistent mid level migraines. I still get on with my day albeit a struggle and have never vomited.

The neurologist has prescribed amitriptyline 50mg as a preventive. They said it will improve sleep quality, help with the tension headaches and migraines as well as the anxiety and depression so it's a good all round med to try.

Has anyone had any experience with this or in a similar situation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i am in this situation too, 6 months now and stressed up as hell due too missing out on school  but good luck keep in contact
  • Posted

Not sure whether this is the same. First of all I do not get headaches. But daily I get massive facial pressure from my eyebrows  down below my cheeks. It then plugs my left nostril and left ear and makes me very off balance. I get this daily  but seems to be worse about 3-4pm.  This has been going on for several years but just worse in the last 2 years.

Went to neurologist and he thinks it is migraines.  Wanted me to take topomax but refused.  

As I mentioned I do not get a headache but will get ocular migraines sesonally usually  april/may  and then again  sept /october and never a headache afterwards.

I am going to a migraine clinic next month and they are big on botox but I do not think I will go through with that.

Did you know that that medication that was prescribed to you is an antidepressant.?

I have been on w antidepressants for anxiety and have been waning since March/ 17 qnd it has been an absolute nightmare

Please be aware

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.