Chronic diarrhea, constant itching, fatigue, headaches, etc what is going on with me?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey all!

I am a 28 year old female, white, 130 lbs, 5'6. I have been having chronic diarrhea for over a year now. My stool is often yellow, skinny, and gassy. I also no longer have my gallbladder. I also have headaches quite frequently where nothing really helps except sleep. My whole body itches, especially my hands and feet and legs. No visible rash except for all the scabs I cause from itching. Also not dry skin. I am also extremely fatigued. Even after sleeping 6-8 hours, I am tired all day long. I am just so miserable and have no idea what to even be tested for at this point 😦 I am going to the Dr this week and would love to have an idea on what I should be checked for. Thanks!

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello, i have very similar symptoms it also started a year ago, iva been tested for alot of things but no real diagnosis.

I also had my gallbladder taken out but this started before the gallstones.

My symptoms are gas in chest,belching,bloating,yellow narrow stools, fatigue,general discomfort, i was a healthy before this and im only 23 years old

• Posted

It truly sucks! Have you been tested for Celiac or any food allergies? That is the next step for me I am thinking.

• Posted

when did you have your gallbladder removed? and was it for stones or sludge?

• Posted

It has been almost 3 years now! However, I had stomach issues well before it was removed. I actually developed pancreatitis and was in the hospital for a week because of a blocked stone 😕

• Posted

thats rough. i had mine removed over 7 years ago and i have alot of your symptoms and ive had an endoscopy and upper abdomen ultra sound which found gastritis and GERD but nothing else so far. i dont have the itching but i do know that gallbladder removal can create many problems even years down the road. if you were diagnosed with pancreatitis i would ask your dr to test your pancreas to make sure it didnt turn into chronic pancreatitis good luck i hope you get answers!

• Posted

what sort of diet do you have?

• Posted

I try to eat decently. Enough protein/carbs/fat in a day. I feel like even if I eat just fruit or even liquids I still have issues. My appetite lately has gone downhill and I love food! Looking forward to enjoying it again soon lol I am starting to wonder if I am allergic to food.

• Posted

Light colored stool can be a bile restriction which could be from your liver or your bile duct. Thin stool can be some type of inflammation or narrowing in your colon. I'd ask for a blood test for celiac . My daughter is celiac and when she gets gluten, the first symptom (before diarrhea) is very itchy skin. your dr should do an ultra sound and also check your liver enzymes. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you! I will be asking my Dr Monday for the blood test for Celiacs. I am so miserable and ready to feel normal =/

• Posted

Hi stormylife16

As you have had you gallbladder removed it may be more difficult for your stomach to absorb B12. If you are B12 deficient you will experience extreme fatigue and pins and needless sensation that will make you itchy. B12 deficiency can also cause digestive system problems also low Vit D. Liver problems can also cause itchiness.

When you go to your doctor ask him/her to order a liver function, B12 and Vit D blood tests also a full blood count to check your iron levels which if low along with low B12 can cause extreme fatigue.

• Posted

Thank you! I think getting a vitamin panel done would help a lot as well. I know I recently had my bile levels checked and they were fine but, not sure on my vitamins.

• Posted

Hi stormylife16

Yes, deficiency in vits can cause a whole load of problems..With B12, the levels should be 250-400 for ages below 55 years and over 55 years it should be 500-900.

If you are B12 deficient you should have Hydroxycobalamin injections to top up your B12 levels and 3 monthly injections after that to keep your levels normal also ask for your Folate to be checked along with iron levels. Low levels of B12, Folate and Iron can make you feel wrung out even after a good nights sleep.

• Posted

Having no gallbladder can cause bile acid malabsorption which causes diarrhoea. When bile salts are disturbed, it can cause itching. Ask for a sechat scan to look for it. Stick to a low fat diet.

• Posted

Thank you! I have had a recent blood test done for bile levels and everything was perfect in that regard but I am not sure about the sechat scan. I will ask my Dr about it!

• Posted

A Sechat scan is the only way BAM is detected. I don't think a simple blood test would reveal it. If you have BAM, there is medication to correct it. A lot of doctors miss it.There is information about this condition and the sechat scan online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.