Chronic diarrhoea and jaw pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

this is being experienced by a friend of mine. she is facing chronic diarrhoea, she says food just doesn't stay in her stomach.

she also has regular jaw pain and pain in the throat. this has been going on for a month. if anyone cud pls provide some insight, we will be very thankful.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Her symptoms could be down to many things and seem very vague. She should see her doctor for tests if she hasn't done so already and try a food diary to see if she is intolerant to a particular food(s).

• Posted

she went to a doctor and he did a larynxgoscopy

told her she needed speech therapy

while her speech is normal only

but at times, she starts Getting a croaky voice and it hurts too

sometimes, her throat burns like acid reflux (but we're not sure if its just acid reflux)

all of this is happening a while now but we can't seem to understand

one doctor she has known for a while also couldn't discern it and send her to the guy who suggested speech therapy( -.- )

• Posted

Acid reflux can cause a croaky voice especially if the reflux is silent and you can also get a burning throat when the acid irritates your throat. Has she tried an antacid or milk? If the symptoms go away after taking antacids, this may suggest reflux. I often have to clear my throat because of reflux to stop my voice being croaky.Having diarrhoea on top of a croaky, burning throat could be more of a digestive problem rather than to do with her voice.

Has she been checked for polyps in her throat? This can also cause a croaky, husky voice.

• Posted

oh wow okay. thanks i'll ask her and after looking into it i'll come back to u. thank u so much.

edit: she is a bit relieved at hearing it is only a digestive problem.

btw what are polyps? and what cud the digestive problem be specifically?

• Posted

Polyps are benign growths that can grow in the throat and can be picked up by an endoscopy. However, it is important for her to keep going back to her doctor for a definitive diagnosis to establish if it is a digestive problem. As I am not a doctor, I cannot diagnose; I can only suggest possibilities for her to ask her doctor.

• Posted

Thank you so much for all your help! I will come back after the next few visits and diagnosis. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.