Chronic dizziness from migraine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Anyone else have this experience:

I woke up dizzy/lightheaded and nauseous 5 weeks ago, and I hasn't gone away. I do not have a spinning vertigo, but more of lightheaded episodes for a few seconds a bunch of times a day that cause a few seconds of disorientation, weakness, lack of coordination, etc (like when you stand up too fast and get a head rush). The dizziness improves between the spells, but the nausea it causes is pretty constant. I have gotten repeated migraines during all of this as well. I have NEVER had any type of dizziness before and certainly none relating to migraines.

I have had tons of testing, brain MRI/MRAs, etc and my neurologist thinks I may be having migraine associated vertigo.

My question for you is - my dizzy spells have happened multiple times a day, every day for almost 5 weeks, whether it have a headache/migraine or not. Is it possible to develop chronic dizziness from migraine associated vertigo?

I am currently not on any migraine meds.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Where do you live? There are a bunch of us who feel like this but we live in Delhi and have discovered that we are feeling this way because of the pollution which has rocketed over the last year. Now Delhi is one of the most polluted cities in the world.

Have you recently introduced something toxic into your living environment?

• Posted

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that! Are you able to get air purifiers for your homes?

I live in the states, in a country setting, so am lucky on that front.

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Have just discovered that the pollution is the cause and have started using air purifiers which have brought down the pollution levels inside from 15 times the World Health Organisation's acceptable limit to twice the limit but the poor machines are struggling!!

I hope you find some answers to your question - now that you can rule out pollution.

• Posted

i have suffered migrain and dizziness very often i think you will find a lot of it is caused by anxiety and stress i belong to a web site called anxiety . com founder is jim folk go on there and read what s there and you will then realise you dont have anything to worry about it helps me hope it does for you to
  • Posted

Dear Berkboston my best advice would be to get a check-up from your Doctor to see what is causing you to feel this way. If I had to give my opinion I would think you are probably having this reaction as you may be allergic to something. Have you done anything new lately? Have a read about Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and see if that helps you get a better understanding of your symptoms 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.