chronic dull pain in the right inguinal area and buttock and now under lower right rib?

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 months ago, one day while getting off the bed, all of the sudden i had a sharp pain on right side of the groin and it was so sever i couldn't move for a few minutes. 

ever since then I had this dull, sometime more sever pain near the start of inguinal region on the right side. Eventually my right side buttock starts to feel sore all the time and i had to massage my hip/sciatic nerve to make it feel better. Also at sometimes i have more sever pain in my inguinal region, when that happens I will experience ache behind my right testicle and as well as pain under the lower right rib.

between seeing 3 different doctors, I had 3 ultra sounds and a CT with&without contrast in lower abdomen and nothing was found, and was told probably just a tear in the muscle.

now just last week when my inguinal region pain got more sever, i felt a sharp pain right under my lower right ribs and it was so painful that I have trouble moving/breathing for a few minutes. Now I get a constant dull ache under that rib area and my back as well, just like the inguinal region.

after googling around my pain seems to be along the right urinary track or the right large intestine (cecum/ascending colon/right colic flexture).

I scheduled another appointment with a different doctor this time and I can't get the thoughts of cancer out of my head rolleyes

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have the exact same thing except it's on my left side. Woke up one morning with a sharp pain in the left side of my groin (actually in my penis) and then it started to radiate over time. That was the first time it happened and after various tests (CT, cycoscopy blood/urine tests) nothing was diagnosed. I also had different antibiotics as they thought it was Prostate related but they didn't help either. That was in 2014 and after about 6 months it finally went away. Unfortunately it's come back at the moment and just as bad.

Honestly, I think the advise of it being muscle related could well be correct - that's what mine feels like and as I'm having exactly the same pain now as I had 4 years ago then that's all I can think it is. On saying that, i'm still worried as i'm sure you are too.

Do keep me updated on your progress. Best wishes

• Posted

Oh and just to add, it could be the Piriformis muscle that's pressing on a nerve in the pelvis. Have a look online where Piriformis pain can be felt (there's illustrations online) and let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.