Chronic Epididymitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

i'm 31 years old

I have been diagnosed with epididymitis 3 month before for first time in my life. it was on my left testis alone without swelling. I was prescribed with Ciproflaxin for 10 days and i got immediate cure on next day itself. After a month again i got pain in my left testicle with swelling this time. again had cipro for two weeks and doxycycline for following 2 weeks along with iboprufen. but my right testicle also started to swell. After 1 week interval i was again started with cipro for 2 more weeks with iboprufen and amytriptyline. I'm not active in sex. My STD, urine and blood tests came clear. Ultrasound shows all clear apart from epididymitis. Still both testicles keep on swelling and currently continuing Amitriptyline alone. I'm greatly worried what it will lead me to. I randomly getting pain on my lower abdomen, pelvic floor, lower abdomen and penis joint on and off. No issues in urination or bowel activities. No discharge from penis. i'm greatly worried of this and i'm afraid of my job, and future. my GP says it might be nerve problem as no other issues found. has anybody going through similar issue?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Does any body facing long term swelling? How far it will swell? Every week my epididymis swelling in all possible ways. i would prefer to die rather than this growing issue.

• Posted

Still the swelling not arrested. My GP told me that there are no more option for treatment. Currently taking Amitryptiline alone. Not willing to continue with this pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.