Chronic Fatigue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. I've posted before on this forum concerning Work Related Stress(burnout) and depression. I have been signed off from work until March (subject to review) I'm on the maximum dose of citalopram and up until last week I had noticed a good deal of improvement. Unfortunately, felt so bad yesterday I could hardly move. Chronic fatigue to the extent that at one point I could hardly lift my knife and fork. Terrible headaches too. is this WRS or something else? . I was diagnosed prediabetic a few years ago but got on top of that and levels are within normal range. I was worried it could be that but I still monitor my blood sugar levels and they have recently been very good but were on high side of normal yesterday. I'm fairly sure this was due to my stress levels which were up due to a family situation. I felt better last night and slept well. Got up to get my son ready for school but now chronically fatigued again. What is going on? Will I ever get well? I'm 51 but feel 65.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes, highly stressed lead to general anxiety. just dont seem to be able to get on top,of it.some days feels like chronic fatigue. dr only treating anxiety and im not in any way back to normal. a simple test will tell you if prediabetes is cause but i would say from my experience ANY stressful episode causes serbacks. ive just had one and its done it to me.

• Posted

Any changes in depression is not usually only one way. Sometimes you can take 1 step forward and 2 back. This is ok though and is normal. As long as you are going in the right direction I shouldn't worry too much. x

• Posted

WILL we ever be well? I am on PRISTIQ, LITHIUM and LATUDA AT NIGHT 20 mg. I have gotten better in in the past with just PRISTIQ ANd Lithium I am doing TMS treatment for my brain. they say it works after session # 30. GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH AND PEACE.

• Posted

i hope today finds you a bit better.

i have been fighting this for a while and meds havent fixed me. i am also on list for TMS, it is expensive but if it works will be a wonder. how many have you had? Can you say if it is helping at all. maybe its early days. i need to make decision and have been reading it has good reports in usa but new here. my diagnosis is depression/anxiety.

• Posted

HI Ann, TMS IS GOOD I JUST STARTED WORKING. I am on my 22 session. It could take 36 sessions. my insurance covers it because i haven tried so many meds and after a certain amount of medications they have to give to you. i also have anxiety and DEPRESION . I HOPe you are doing a little better.

• Posted

Hi Sally, I wonder if you have hypothyroidism. i felt chronic fatigue and would sleep for hours, felt depressed. i thought it was my stressful job. went to the doctor told her my symptoms and she did bloodwork and sure enough, my levels were super high. another culprit could be lupus, it mimics the hypo symptoms. hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.