Chronic Fatigue/ME

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just as I started to have hope and short bursts of energy in this fine weather, along comes a change in barometric weather pressure and i'm hit by a tidal wave. I can't believe how much my health is dictated by the weather!! I was feeling great these last few days in the heat and high pressure.This afternoon @ 3.30, an electrical storm blew in and now there are heavy clouds and its been raining. The physical flare up of symptoms renders me incapable of moving. Do others with CFS/ME understand this? I am seriously considering moving countries. Btw, I've had CFS/ME for a long time now. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Where do you live? Ironically, I live in Los Angeles and don't do well in heat. And we're in a multi-year drought! But our house is air-conditioned, so this doesn't affect me much, and I'd never leave. I love living here. 

• Posted

Hello, I live in South of England. Yes I knew that California has experienced years of drought and bush fires, how awful. We've had nearly a fortnight of uninterrupted sunshine and then yesterday, a heavy storm came in from the continent, and it rained causing a reoccurrence of crippling symptoms. Better today as its a return to sunshine and high pressure. I just know as soon as the barometric pressure changes my cfs hits me with avengeance.  

• Edited

The weather definitely has a big impact on how I feel too. I always feel better when it's sunny with a breeze but not too hot but when it's cloudy, clammy and hot (like yesterday) I always feel awful. I felt terrible yesterday and had no energy at all. Just had to sit with a fan on to keep it bearable and couldn't do anything. It's cooler and fresher today and I feel so much better. Think our bodies have enough to cope with anyway without the constant weather changes!

• Posted

Hi Elaine, yes any extremes of temperature outdoors (and I don't have to be outside) to feel the effects. Tell me does your heart rate increase? A friend in the same predicament has this problem, and is being treated by Dr Bansal who says it is normal. Therefore, do not overdo it as it has an effect on the heart.

• Edited

I haven't checked my heart rate when it's hot but will do next time. The weather definitely has a huge effect on me. Yesterday I was struggling to even get dressed when it was hot and clammy and today I managed a walk and to do yoga and feel like a different person because the air is fresher. Unfortunately it looks like it going to get hot and clammy again later in the week so I expect my energy levels to plummet again. I tend to feel a bit better in the spring and autumn.  

• Posted

I can relate, Jane. Especially with thunder because I could always sense a storm coming, al my life. It upsets the bees too, and many creatures feel odd when a storm is on its way. The ions in the air change and there's this subtle pressure.

Today it rained after a long dry bright spell, and I went down physically again. Am wondering if what I feel is connected to weather too. I never really thought about that before but it was a strange coincidence I felt unwell again when the weather changed (either that or I did too much the last few fine days.)

• Posted

Totally u sets tans.  Today it is the weather that will put me to bed.  Storming now and I am down for the count.

Went out west for 3 weeks., Sedona Arizona and felt great!!!  Weather plays a role.  I am in ky.

• Posted

I think you can buy ionizers but they would probably work only in a room or enclosed space. But might be helpful if you are inside, or for a bedroom etc? Now what you'd need to do is get something to re-polarize the ions which happen when there is a storm (I have fogotten which way round this is... are those negative or positive? But you could take a look at that maybe.

Anyway I am wondering about it now. The last few days we have had the same weather. Beautiful May weather an a bit of a heat-wave with the best conditions. I had three good days but randomly went right down again to square one this morning for at least 6 hours. Yet when the sun went down I felt better. I don't understand one thing about this strange stuff!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.