Chronic fatigue syndrome and non epileptic siezure's?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone tell me if you can get non epileptic siezure's with chronic fatigue syndrome? ive been getting siezures everytime im active for too long, my legs just completely collapse and then I start jerking. Im trying to get to the bottom of whats going on with me. its been a year of feeling fatigue (i have had a few operations) but a few weeks ago i got fatigue like ive never felt, followed with my legs collapsing within a couple of minutes of walking and then a siezure (non epileptic siezure)

Anyone experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not a doctor but am a patient, and have met a number of people who suffer from non-epileptic seizure disorder (NEAD), although I dont personally. It is normally categorised under Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) rather than CFS, but people with FND often also have CFS. However, there is a large over lap between the causes (as well as they are known) and the symptoms along with other conditions like fybro and IBS.

If you are in the UK you can request to be treated at one of the treatment centres around the country. here are some details of them https://fndhope.org/about-fnd-hope/fnd-hope-uk/fnd-treatment-uk/

(am I allowed to post links? anyhow the charity fnd hope have a page with details for all the UK NHS treatment centres.

I was treated in Bristol earlier this year and it made a significant difference to my quality of life.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply. I spoke to the epileptic nurse the other day and she said something about functional neurological disorder. Whatever is going on is wiping me off my feet. I'm literally on my feet max 10 mins and I'm struggling to breathe, then if I don't sit down I have a siezure and lose complete control of my legs. This just appeared out of the blue, been struggling with fatigue prior to this. Im really hoping to get this sorted asap!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.