Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Friends?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with CFS (Even though I knew I've had it for years) and I would love to have some friends who also have CFS. Preferably living in the UK so we have the same time zone but I mainly want some friends who understand what I'm going through. Thanks 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kyra, I'm in the UK too, in Cornwall. I was diagnosed with CFS/ME a year ago now.

Don't know if this helps but I met two of my friends with CFS through a short mindfulness course my GP referred me to. The mindfulness helped us get less stressed, and my friends understand how I feel as they often feel the same. We use Facebook to communicate, and meet up now and then.

Where in the UK are you?

• Posted

Devon here, so I'm in the middle...   Mind you I'm more of the Victor Meldrew age but more grumpy, so not much use to you youngsters....:-)

Having had ME/CFS for about fifteen years though and been through just about everything imaginable with it, I'm more than happy to chat to anyone going through the early stages and feeling at a bit of a loss with it all. 

Generally they are a great bunch of people here on this forum and a bit of mutual suppoerrt can go a long way at times. We all know what it's like to suffer with this ghastly problem, unlike most of our friends and family who often have no idea. 

So, add me into anything that get's set up, at least I'm technically literate which helps a bit.. :-)

• Posted

Hi Mr artistmike,

First day on the forum....... lost for words is an understatment.  Need someone to tell me whats going on. 50 years old and been signed of for four weeks. Not really been able to function for approx two months although no-one knows that. Its difficutlt to write in composistion, nothing works in co-ordination. A tad lost really.  Two months ago "think" i had a minor stroke and here i am...... I sleep all day, i don't function and the worst of all, I can't straigntenen my hiar..... I know, scary right!!!!  Your feed-back is Mr Medrew would be most appreciated......... as grumpey as you "presumably" are? K x

• Posted

Hi Karen

I've dropped you a quick message ... not too grumpy I hope.. :-)

• Posted

I am 25 and have just been diagnosed with CFS after struggling since February.  Pretty much ruined my entire life, before this I was in Canada for 2 years playing football on a scholarship at a University. After a bad break up and 2 stone weight loss I got CFS.  Happy to chat to anyone if they want support! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.