Chronic fatigue with pressure headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I have had m e Cfs for about 3 years it started off from respitary infection then pressure like headaches and a other host of symptoms I had a follow up with neurologist see how I was doing I still bitterly complain about the feeling that my head is blocked not so much like the pressure headaches I started with but still lots of pulsing sensations clicking sensations.

anyway my neurologist suggested yoga I had tried earlier in year when I was in a worse place than now and it caused spasms so was a bit hesitant and the fact I tried graded exercise for 2 weeks which completely floored me for months I have been cautious on what I do .

i tired the yoga last night I found that when I would bend my head forward on the ground pressure would build and throb a bit and was a lot of tension in the neck and shoulders now I am wondering if there is a problem with my blood supply to my head I know pots can cause these sensations has anyone suffered with similar symptoms and does this sound like a symptom of m e ?I enjoyed the yoga but wasn't sure whether to continue maybe I should let my doctor know.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I totally relate to what you are saying except my condition is trigger by the flu. I am on my third relapse in 16 years.I first start having problems when I was 17, I am 58 now,when I was young it wasn't as severe and I would recover with in 3 to 6 months. I do get the pressure headaches,my muscle are stiff and sore. I am presently having trouble walking. I use to run marathons,first at 16,I ran my last marathon at 34, I felt so sick towards the end I never ran another one.around 2001 I was still working out at the gym and running but I would always start feeling sick lifting weights so I had to stop going to the gym, I also had to stop running around 2003 as my condition got worst any physical activity just made things worst. I use to walk home form work when I gave up running,it was a 10 km walk.When walking started making me feel sick I had to stop walking home. I got so bad around 2004 I was having trouble walking a 100 metres and I was using two canes I did record in 2007. In 2012 I came down with the flu and had a relapse that lasted two years.In January of this year I came down with the flu again and had a relapse, I am having trouble walking now, I don't feel well and I do get the pressure headaches. I would recommend walking as much as you can but listen to your body and limit your physical activity.If the yoga causes problems don't continue doing it.Try to find activities that you are comfortable with. I also suspect the flu caused problems for me 15 years ago,so I haven't had the flu shot in 11 years.

• Posted

I totally relate to what you are saying except my condition is trigger by the flu. I am on my third relapse in 16 years.I first start having problems when I was 17, I am 58 now,when I was young it wasn't as severe and I would recover with in 3 to 6 months. I do get the pressure headaches,my muscle are stiff and sore. I am presently having trouble walking. I use to run marathons,first at 16,I ran my last marathon at 34, I felt so sick towards the end I never ran another one.around 2001 I was still working out at the gym and running but I would always start feeling sick lifting weights so I had to stop going to the gym, I also had to stop running around 2003 as my condition got worst any physical activity just made things worst. I use to walk home form work when I gave up running,it was a 10 km walk.When walking started making me feel sick I had to stop walking home. I got so bad around 2004 I was having trouble walking a 100 metres and I was using two canes I did record in 2007. In 2012 I came down with the flu and had a relapse that lasted two years.In January of this year I came down with the flu again and had a relapse, I am having trouble walking now, I don't feel well and I do get the pressure headaches. I would recommend walking as much as you can but listen to your body and limit your physical activity.If the yoga causes problems don't continue doing it.Try to find activities that you are comfortable with. I also suspect the flu caused problems for me 15 years ago,so I haven't had the flu shot in 11 years.

• Posted

I tried yoga and wasn't able to do it. It caused too much fatigue and worsening of symptoms. If you notice new symptoms or worsening of existing ones when doing yoga, you might want to either back off completely, or try other yoga poses that don't cause the symptoms. Better safe than sorry, and all that. In my case, even the simplest stretches caused problems.

• Posted

I totally agree with you as any activity does make me worse. I first realize I had a serious problem when I worked out at the gym 15 years ago.I steadily got worse for six years, I had to keep reducing my physical activity. I gave up running around 2004, I use to run marathons. I ran my last marathon when I was 34 in 1994. I felt sick towards the end and never went for another long run,by 2006 I was walking with two canes and I struggled to walk 100 metres. I recorded in 2007. I am on my third relapse since then. I am having a hard time walking now.The last two relapses were directly triggered by the flu
    • Posted

Hi Jackie I think I may opt for the class for m e patients for yoga this was supposed to be a gentle one but obviously was to much it feels like the blood supply where my neck and shoulders are just blocks up as bizarre as it sounds when I was bending over maybe I run it by my gp, thanks for advice, been bit down about it I thought I might get away with it but stil at least it's highlighted a problem I can maybe work on somehow 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.