Chronic Gastritis - a plea for help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I am a 34 year old woman, non smoker, non drinker, not overweight. I have had gastritis since February 2018 (5 months today) confirmed by gastroscopy in March 2018. I am avoiding : caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, tomatoes, acidic fruit, vinegar, cream, commercial bread, chillies, black pepper, red meat. I have homemade bread and lactose free milk. I have had IBS too since 2007. I tried slippery elm for the gastritis but stopped when I felt it wasn't helping. I am now taking Siberian pine nut oil 30-60 minutes before meals (5 weeks now) and hoping I see some more improvement by 8 weeks which is what online resources say is the time it takes for this to work. I also take Zinc-Carsonine at night. 

My chronic prescribed meds: Omeprazole 40mg, welbutrin 300mg, espiride for anxiety and trepiline for oesophageal spasm. 

Gastritis symptoms : Upper left abdomen pain/twinge (very mild), upper back pain, occasional reflux. My GI doc attributes all this to my "anxious personality" (I am in psychotherapy and have made good progress)

My questions: If I do the above, will I eventually recover from this? Could someone who has come out the other end of this please comment on what they did and how long it took to recover? No doctor seems to want to tell me a possible duration for this and I am starting to wonder if thats because its permanent. My symptoms are mild but still definitely there and noticeable. This is restricting my social life quite drastically and even tends to make me feel more depressed and hopeless because of all the restrictions which don't seem to be helping in the first place. Is there anything else I should avoid eating? Basically, does this go away eventually? I don't want to eat like this for the rest of my life. Please any suggestions are welcome, I am very desperate. 

PS: Has anyone heard of Eupatilin to treat gastritis? Anyone used it? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am suffering from fullness in upper abdomen bloating indigestion nausea and what not,.,., all test came out normal except my endoscopy detected antral gastritis .,., my GP gave me rloc tablet, domperidone for nausea, and some anxiety tab now feeling a bit better
  • Posted

Hi i feel the same was diagnosed april last year. Your doing everything right i no it doesnt seem like it but things will die down. It took so long fot the omeprozole to start working for me i was off work for 3 months lost loads of weight but eventually the pains and sickness start to get less and less each day. I still have it every day some worse than others but its manageable. I felt the same no light at the end of the tunnel. Make sure you drink plenty of water i find that helps. Hope your feeling bettet soon.
  • Posted

Gastritis is curable and by the sounds of it your diet looks pretty good. I would recommend you also get a copy of the Acid Watchers diet, it helped me cure my gastritis. You need to find and understand the root cause of your gastritis and manage that. Mine was caused by HPylori infection so I took 2 weeks of antibiotics to eradicate that however that doesn't heal the damage to the stomach lining. You need to watch your diet for that and drink lots of water, which I did. I also took supplements, probiotics, camomile tea and avoided red meat, alcohol, caffeine, processed/fried foods, acidic foods.  Eat small meals throughout the day and chew slowly and thoroughly. You will get better, just understand what caused the gastritis and treat that.   Gentle exercise like yoga or nature walks also helped me.

• Posted

Hi

Don’t rely on meds to help your gastritis, change your diet to a Mediterranean style diet, lots of veg, steam your veg so it’s nice and soft, easy to digest. Take olive oil. Don’t touch PPI’s, there dangerous. Take Himalayan pink salt on your food as this naturally increases hydrochloric acid, the more you have of this, the less stomach problems you will have. 

• Posted

DO YOU REALLY NEED COMPLETE CURE? I CAN ASSIST YOU.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.