Chronic Gastritis- Excruciating Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

My sister has suffered from chronic Gastritis for over 18th months shes been pescribed medication thats having little effect to zero effect - one of them being omeprozle. She is keeping a bland diet of veggies and leans meats such a turkey and chicken, and low acid smoothies like kale and spinach.

I have lost count of how many times shes been rushed in to A&E recently she had been in hospital for weeks at a time; gets released and then in agony within the next week and back to square one and in hospital .

This past week the pain in her chest, back. spine and shoulder blades has been so excruciating the only pain duller was morphine., Ive never witnessed someone in so much horrifying pain.

My sister has zero quality of life and is down to around 6 stone 5 (she is 5 foot 7).

There seems to be little pattern of what can cause these flare ups even the tiniest sip of water can bring on the burping (roaring) pain and extreme sickness which is usually bile of a yellow, green or more recently aqua blue colour.

There has to be more to this than chronic gastritis, we're all so desperate to find a diagnosis and pushing for more endoscopy's and scans - please can anyone help or know of anyone that has experienced these type of symptoms?

Any help or suggestions would be so grateful for - we're all at rock bottom.

Thank you x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i’m so sorry your sister is going through this. I know what gastritis feels like as I have had it several times. Has your sister ever had a CAT scan of the abdominal area? Or any other testing? I would insist that they are very thorough and if not, I would switch doctors. I really do hope she feels better soon.❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.