Chronic Gastritis for years

Posted , 11 users are following.

Looking for anyone else who has struggled with chronic gastritis and any tips for repairing the gut lining if it is even possible. I haven't been able to recover in over a year from this episode of gastritis. I've had gastritis off and on for 6 years with no known cause. I've juiced, eat a bland diet and take a PPI. I've been scoped 3 times. My iron and b12 levels keep getting low now and I feel my stomach just isn't able to absorb the nutrients bc of the inflammation. It seems like my stomach will start to get better and when I eat just a few things nothing fried but just that has flavor, my stomach gets bad again. I live in Nc and any good Gastroeneterologists would be appreciated too.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i was diagnosed with chronic gastritis in september last year. can you tell me what your symptoms are? sometimes i question if i even have this or if i have something much worse

• Posted

I would goes through terrible pain, gas ,sweating my movements looked like ribbons. finally found the right doctor. it turned out diverticulitis had harden like a rock. I had 10 inches of colon removed. Dr said I will always have chronic ibs. I have no energy at all.

• Posted

Hi, my symptoms in the beginning were just a very gnawy stomach, nausea and abdominal discomfort. I just felt bad too. I thought I had an ulcer. Endoscopy showed very irritated lining and inflammation. After eating the gastritis diet for several weeks it would get better. I would have flares with the following years and get back on the diet. The flares worsened and I've had symptoms of stomach pain, nausea, gnawy stomach, heavy feeling in my stomach, fatigue and not feeling well.

My last scope showed irritation throughout my stomach and inflammation. I hope that helps some. If you're not getting answers I would find another doctor. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

Hi

i have been having stomach issues all my life but this MAY for some reason im feeling sick with upper stomach ache and i get cramps and contractions feeling on my belly and nauseas . i end up to the emergency room 4 times ultrasound, different meds, im on bland foods and sometimes i eat something and pain goes back with vengance . i have acid reflux w a small hiatal hernia . I am schedule to have a endocospy at the end of August . i have test and all came normal. im 49 . i hope this help anyone here. it is very depresing

• Posted

I'm sorry for you. I wish I had some advice for you. I would keep with the diet to keep the reflux at bay.

• Posted

make sure that you are eating foods higher in alkaline and lower in Acid. most of your vegetables are higher in alkaline, such as broccoli, celery is very high, etc.

stay away from meats, especially beef, breads, sugar,etc..

can find a list of these foods online.

ive had gastritis for a couple years now sometimes Iโ€™m OK other times it FLARES up and then I really have to watch what I eat and DEstress!!

im not in your area so I canโ€™t recommend anybody but take it easy!

• Posted

Hi kari91524

If your B12 and iron are getting low you need to get it checked because it can lead to pernicious anemia which is very dangerous. PPI will inhibit absorption of B12. If your B12 is low you will need to have Hydroxycobalamin injections to bring your B12 up to normal levels. Also, abnormal levels of B12 will cause gastric problems. See your doctor ....

• Posted

Thank you for the heads up! I did read that online. My hemoglobin was ok even though my iron (ferritin) and b12 was low. I had an iron infusion and b 12 shot a few months ago and the hemotologist is following me.

• Posted

Hi kari91524

Excellent! so your in good hands and being monitored....hope all goes well for you..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

Have gastritis for 6 years, diagnosed with H pylori but cured the h pylori, was on nexium for 3 years. nexium seemed to not help and probably making symptoms worse. I decided to slowly get off from nexium. I have felt better the past 3 years, stay off of dairy, fatty, alcohol. I still have episodes but only when I dont take care of proper diet.

• Posted

Im sorry you are dealing with the torturous gastritis .... It takes time to heal , even though you are feeling better , your stomach is still not ready for anything other than bland ,even after healing it is a must that you slowly introduce regular foods back into your stomach .. Warm ginger tea is a healer for a lot of gastritis patients along with aloe vera juice . When making ginger tea use raw honey for sweetner . Again it takes time to heal , but it does heal ! One major cause for gastritis is low vitamin D , please have yours checked . Best wishes for you

• Posted

Oh by the way , the Gastroenterologist in Asheville are great !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.