Chronic gastritis/ulcer for 4 years.

Posted , 7 users are following.

It all started few years back when I used to work in night shifts for Dell. I had a bad life style like drinking and smoking, eating junk food only and consuming half liter coke, Pepsi every day. I realize the biggest mistake was to drink not one but at times two black coffee back to back when feeling sleepy. So this kind of life style developed H-Pylori and gastritis over the time. what worsened the problem was to take whey protein which irritated the gastritis. 

for last 3 and a half years I have been going to different doctors none have been able to help me. the give me antacid or acid blocker which makes me feel like it has healed but the problem arises again as soon as the decrease the dose, it comes back as strong as it was before. I feel the main problem is not the acid but the erosive inner lining of stomach which needs to be healed with some medicine. It is not healing on itself for some reason 

Symptoms:-  gastritis irritates whenever I eat anything that is hard to digest like eggs, meat, lots of milk, lots of whole grain, big meal at a time. it also irritates when I the time between 2 meals gets longer than 4 hours, then stomach start to release acid and the problem starts. it has also seems to damage my nervous system as immediately I start to feel week, I cant even lift my shoulders. that week I feel. head ache and noisia, when there is a problem in morning the whole body gets sore, feel pain in lower back head and legs. 

Precaution :- more than medicine my lifestyle changes have been able to help me like I do not drink alcohol, smoke, I do not drink tea coffee, lemon or orange juice. try to eat every 3 to 4 hours, eat last meal 2 to 3 hours before i sleep, and eat 2 proper meal and fruits like banana, papaya, and seasonal fruits rest of the times. Exercise 3 times a week for hour.  if i miss on any of the above things the stomach will irritate and I will have to take antacid in night for couple of days and soothe the stomach with fruits and aloevera so that i can come on my normal routine . I am really hopeless now. science have found the cure for cancer and many incurable disease, but mine remains uncured. I will be really great full to someone who can help me.  

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms. Drugs don't work for me too... I am hoping it will go away by it self. I eat small meals and I am on a diet but it is not getting better for now. 1 month...

• Posted

In your case it has been only 1 month, dont giveup on drugs. try to have healthy life style and keep visiting doctor. it wont go away by itself that i can bet.
  • Posted

I am also experiencing similar symptoms to yourself. But my doctor has told me some ulcers take longer to heal and they need you to monitor the kinds of food and drinks you take. I take strength in knowing am not alone in this. Worry less as also helps because worrying a lot triggers the ulcers negatively. Good luck don't despair

• Posted

yes my friend, you are not the only sailor of this boat, together we fight and together we win, I will soon make some changes in my lifestyle and will update if the positive happens and let you know what helps.
  • Posted

Hi Ganga,

Same situation here. H pylori associated with Chronic Gastiritis.

Two advices...

Try mustic gum it helped me a lot.

If you are in India give me your number... We can connect and I can provide you advices.

• Posted

hey sanjeev, 

mastic gum was the first thing i took for 6 months then i stoped when it did not do any wonder for me, I it has helped you i can also try again because situation has changed alot not. it has improved in last 3 years. my number is 7733012342, I will be more than happy to talk to you, your advices can be a help for me.

• Posted

Hi ganga70505

Il try again...to heal your gut use gluten free, sugar free, lactose free, dairy free and caffeine free drinks use herbal drinks..also use probiotics and high dose vit c check with doc first.....i wish you well with your healing process but it wil take some time so be patient...best wishes...

• Posted

hey lilian, thanks for the advices, my day do not end without 250 ml milk and 250 ml curd, my day is incomplete without both, so when you say i should go dairy free does that mean staying away from it will help me heal the stomach, is it bad? milk and curd are the only source of protien for me though apart from 6 wheat chapaties i eat. also chicken and fish is not the part of our diet here, I mean very difficult to add that to normal diet.
  • Posted

Hi gang70505

Following on....also eat chicken, fish, lamb plenty fruit and veg cook with pure coconut oil and not spicey plenty of water not fizzy....you can get books on repairing the gut......best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi ganga70505

You can buy lactose free milk which contains protein.....what ingredients are in the curd if it contains west or gluten it is not good for your healing. Chapatis containing ehest is not good also..can you not obtain flour with out ehest and gluten

Try and eat foods that do not contain gluten wheat and dairy......these care not good for healing your gut......best wishes.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.