Chronic head pain and pressure in left temple and left side of face, loss of cognitive functioning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been having 24/7 headaches and pressure in the left side of my head and face now for three and a half years. It feels like my movement is a bit restricted in the left side of my face. For example, when I smile, it feels a bit awkward and like I'm making an unnatural face. Yet, when I have gone to neurologists and they've done all the initial tests like testing the strength of each side of your body and seeing if your face is symmetrical when you smile, I always check out okay. The headaches began as a dull, constant pain and I didn't think much of it; however, the pain persisted and I began to go to doctors and get tests done to try to figure out what was going on. I have been given several antibiotics because I was told I had a sinus infection several times, but the antibiotics never took away the pain. I have gotten my sinuses checked and scanned, and everything checked out ok after taking the antibiotics, but the pain and pressure continued. I recently went to an allergist and he swabbed my nose and said that he found bacteria indicative of a sinus infection on the swab, so now for the fourth time I am going to be tried on an antibiotic- Clindamycin this time, whereas in the past it was always Augmentin. In the last 6 months, I have experienced changes in my cognitive functioning along with these headaches. It has become harder for me to think- I now do everything slower because it is very hard to focus and my thinking is sluggish. It is sometimes hard for me to remember things. Sometimes people will be talking and I just can't process in my mind what they are saying. Also, it seems that when my head is hurting more and/or when there is more pressure in my head, my OCD- type thoughts seem to flare up more (my OCD thoughts look like this- I think a bad thought when I am doing a certain action, therefore I have to repeat the action and think something different, and if I don't repeat the action, I believe something catastrophic is going to happen to me). I have gotten an MRI and CAT scan and both are normal. I have gotten many blood tests, tested for lyme disease, all have been negative.

Just posting here to see if anyone has had a similar experience of passing all of the tests while still having very real chronic head and face pain and pressure along with some loss in cognitive functioning and OCD.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi daviid sorry to hear what your going throw , but iam going throw the same thing aswell , how have you been and has what has worked for you ive been suffering this for 2 weeks now ?

Please help this is very scary

• Posted

I have not found any help yet and have tried all sorts of things- MRI, CAT Scan, MANY blood tests, homeopathic remedies, 10 or so psychotropic drugs. I really feel for you if you are going through something similar to me. This suffering is beyond what anyone should suffer and it is hard to explain. I will keep you updated if I find anything that helps. 
    • Posted

Thanks david thanks for your advice mind me asking how old are you ?

Iam 29 i suffered from high anxiety but managed to get it under control

It all started 4 weeks ago as a tinny pain on my left tempel , as time went it i started worrying now its came to a point its always there that compelet area feels tight the pain feels like a pin is stuck rigth inside the bloody tempel , wakeing up with it and sleeping with it now some days iam its like its gone until i go bed then realise its there

Throbbing like someone is trying to pull a pin out of my tempel ,

Its real bad , i went to around 10 docs best nero surgent and docs all over london , nobody know what it is , iam just guessing is it my anxiety could it make a such of a painfull symptom like this?

• Posted

Hi david ,

How are you ?

Just wondering what kind of symptoms are you getting on your tempel ?

This pain is driveing me crazy as no one has answear to it

Mine feels like there pressure all day 24/7 and sometimes it feels like a hook is inside it and its pulling my tempel , sometimes i can feel abit of tingling around my cheek bone ,

Is the pain your haveing simmiler to this ?

• Posted

Oh and I am 25, in Pennsylvania in the US. I do have a history of anxiety as well, and also major depression
  • Posted

Hi. I suffer from the same pain. But lately I feel like the pain has spread all the way close to my left eyes, not my eye though. And sometimes moist deep inside my left ears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.