Chronic head pressure, ringing in ears, derealization and dizzyness.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am only 22 and my life had been ruined with these symptoms, its been more than 2 years. please does anyone have this or have recovered ? i have had many tests done and they are all normal. the only thing they found is some issues in my neck and ive been doing craniopathy and SOT but it had been two minths of it with only a little change. please help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have this on and off for many years. The underlying condition could be my back problems (scoliosis, pinched discs in upper and lower spine).

I know that it will subside. I keep diary and write down my symptoms and all this sad experience. Eventually they stop. Either on their own, or because of some lifestyle, dietary or medicine changes. I always find the reason why it flared and why it subsided. One thing I found later, that several times I tried to stop caffeine and it flared in some weird neurological symptoms. If you take around 300 mg of caffeine daily and you are a sensitive person, caffeine withdrawal is a real thing. Any medicine withdrawal, stopping to take sugar, other addictive foods, all this can give weird sensations for weeks. Do the inventory, examine what did you change recently in your life before all this started.

In one of the web sites I came across presentation done by some hospital staff. This tells about Somatic Symptoms Disorder. As I understand those harmless by nature symptoms are mostly autonomous, but can be triggered by some relatively minor condition or it's just purely how body asks you for attention to make or redo some life changes. Here is the list:

Top 10 Somatic Symptoms

1. palpitations (pounding heart)
    2. ache or discomfort in the abdomen
    3. lack of energy (weakness) much of the time
    4. pain or tension in neck or shoulder
    5. feeling giddy or dizzy
    6. feeling tired even when are not working
    7. suffered from excessive wind (gas) or belching
    8. pain in the chest or heart
    9. trembling or shaking
    10. buzzing noise in ears or head

I could add head/ear pressure and headaches. What is (not)fun, is that I know all these symptoms. Do not have them always, but they come and go, some last for days some for months or subside over years. In the most peaceful settings I am mostly symptom free - when I go to church, when I am on the vacations, spend time by the sea or in my summerhouse.

From all the tests done in my life (I am 53, male) and doctors visited, diagnosis is generalised anxiety disorder and mild gastritis. I had one benign vertigo episode, which triggered the endless wheel of other symptoms, that already lasted for 2 months, and now again I am going all over them. Worst of them are head and right ear pressure, dizziness.

In general when I am not stressed I am happy person. I only take antacids and have my on demand prescribed benzodiazepine pills (never use then regularly, afraid of addiction). I try to walk a lot, that helps if I do my 10000 steps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.