Chronic headache for 2 years

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, i'm 20 years old and i'm experiencing a chronic headache for 2 years now. It sounds ridiciolus, but heres the whole story...

I am having chronic headaches for 2 years now and it took me so long, because i had to wait for a lof ot tests and appointments. This headache never goes away, it's constant, only one-sided. I can't concentrate or think straight because of it. It started 2 years ago when I went for a run and after long distance and was so tired that my hearth was pounding like crazy for an hour. I couldn't breathe and I was on my knees and I panicked. I do not know whether it is ALSO a cause but I used to smoke marijuana heavily for a year and before I went to jog, I felt derealisation, like I was in the movie. I had MRI+contrast of my brain, examined eyes, ears, sinuses, lungs and cervical spine x-ray, electrocardiogram of my hearth(like 5 times, lol), blood tests for everything(couple of times) + i never had cervical spine injury in my life. I've seen so many neurologists and even paid for one, she told me it's not lyme disease or trigeminal neuralgia (i asked about it, because my pain is one sided) and doctor told me that she is not seeing anything like trigeminal neuralgia. My pain is in 2 places only and it goes from the point in the picture to my hearth. Sometimes, especially after exercise I experience stinging in my hearth, like with a needle and sometimes I can't walk because of that feeling. But the worst thing is that headache, 24/7 headache. My GP doctor told me it can be anxiety related but for some reason i can't believe it. Marijuana caused it? My running adventure caused it? I don't know, I know i'm starting to lose it, it's making my life so difficult... i hope someone understand me. I went to psychiatrist recently and she gave me prescription for escitalopram. I'm afraid of taking these meds, because i don't know what to believe. Is it anxiety related, really?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Friend. I read about the pain you are having. Trust i am suffering from the same kind of pain since last 6 years. I have tried every single good neuro physician in the city Lahore of Pakistan but Noone has diagnosed the exact problem. Since about 1yr i am taking tramdhol Hcl tablet but it suppresses pain for only few hours. Like you i am also very much frustrated from this issue and not being able to find a way to get out of it. Do let me know if you find a proper cure for it. My last diagnosis was about 2m ago from a GP who diagnosed my pain as cluster headache. I am left at dead end right now.
    • Posted

Well, i've been diagnosed with occpipital neuralgia, so I guess this is a step forward. I'm going to try electropunture soon and visit the best neurosurgeon in my city and see what he tells me about it. Pills don't work. If everything else fails, I put my fate in gamma knife, but before that happens, I want to try everything that's possible. I am getting very tired from this and there is absolutely no way i'm living with this. Is your pain one-sided, like mine, or...?

• Posted

Can you feel tingling in that right side sometimes? I have constant pressure around the occiput and I have no doubts it's the nerve. Sometimes I feel tingling there and sometimes my left ear is burning but pressure is unreal.

• Posted

Hi, I hope you have recovered from OC til now. I am suffering from a similiar condition, feel miserable and desperatley looking for useful advice. Can I ask for your email to ask some questions about it? It might help me to figure out how to deal with it. I will be very greatful to you. Sundas
    • Posted

Hello, have you found out what was going on? I'm going through it too.

• Posted

Hello,Just trying to see if you have found any relief, anyone that has help as I'm going through the same thing. I've had a headache everyday for 19 months.And no one can seem to figure it out.

• Posted

Hello, just wondering if you found out the cause? I'm going through something similar.

• Posted

Hello, I was just wondering if you or anyone on here managed to get rid of the pain? I have had a headache for 5 years now. Mine is normally all over the top of my head and the sides and behind my eyes, basically all over lol and it never stops. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.