Chronic hyperventilation. I'm in desperate need of help. Anyone please try to help? Or say anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm a nineteen years old guy! i am suffering from chronic hyperventilation, it is going to either kill me or make me kill myself soon-one day. Can anyone help me with any advice? I speak German i hope you understand my message. I've been having hyperventilation problems since i was 7-8 years old, i remember my family taking me to hospital and stuff. i am pretty sure i got it because i had a really bad anxiety when i was that young and it probably happened because of some personal things that happened to me when i was young like being abused and being looked in a dark room and other things that i can never forget and also i remember not being able to catch my breath when my big sister used to shower me when i was a kid anyway, things changed and i defeated the nasty hyperventilation i had when i started going to school and stuff that changed me and i never hyperventilated again for 8 years but once i stopped going to school because of family issues and i started sitting at home doing nothing my symptoms attacked me again i was laying on the couch watching TV at eight am when i felt like i was wheezing i had a cold maybe but my brain triggered hyperventilation mode i went outside to catch my breath and the symptoms got worse i ended up passing out i think i got back home and told my family they took me to hospital they gave me pills to reduce stress everything pretty normal so far but now i can't stop hyperventilating like I'm hyperventilating all the time its scaring me i need help I lost my mom already and my dad lives in another country I'm alone in a different town right now and i have no friends at all anytime i go outside my hyperventilation symptoms get worse i wake up HYPERVENTILATING i hyperventilate in my dreams too its becoming scary am i gonna hyperventilate too when I'm asleep? Because i thought i was gonna always be okay when I'm asleep I'm in desperate help i don't know what to do anymore i can't play soccer I can't exercise I'm scared of everything because i know ill hyperventilate and I don't want to embarrass myself around people i don't know I'm always laying in bed struggling to take a yawn to be able to breathe is this normal? Like even in my dreams i start to hyperventilate when i play soccer or when I'm running in any dream this is bothering me i can't even fall asleep because I'm hyperventilating in bed till i fall asleep I'm living a miserable life with no hope and most people on-line are saying they have been dealing with this for years and was never treated is this how I'm gonna live my life? Always at home laying in bed hyperventilating all day because I feel like I'm not breathing when I'm doing the opposite I've seen a doctor and they checked me and told me nothing is wrong with me i still don't believe that because i couldn't breathe when i was being checked by him my symptoms are out of control I'm all the time feeling numbness in my body I'm always feeling light-headed I can't concentrate on anything and i have chest pain and pretty much everything else that this problem cause i don't know what to do anymore I'm sick of being told its all in my head i know its but its out of control i can't even go to supermarket because I'll start hyperventilating once I'm outside someone say something about this or tell me your symptoms? Am i gonna hyperventilate too in my sleep? Which is already a nightmare happening to me i keep waking up because of it a lot and I'm anxious all the time I wake up anxious too I'm all the time tired and feeling like I'm not sleeping is this normal can it be cured? If it can't be I'll end my life i don't wanna live this way not being able to do anything i wanna be the old me that used to hangout a lot i was the fastest one.. and if you're wondering if I'm struggling with this while I'm writing this you're correct i am feeling like i can't breathe and I'll probably live a long miserable life of hell with this. I just wanna know why I've this what did i do to deserve this hell all i want is my brain to be completely erased so that i can forget about this all and breathe normally. response to this will be really appreciated, if this gets ignored i don't know where else i can complain about this. Sorry if this is too long to read, i just wanted to take it off my chest and thanks.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely fine to vent. You've clearly been through a very emotional life and that's alot to put on such young shoulders.

First of all, you've had this before so please hold out hope you can overcome this again. I would advise to seek some therapy to start with. These days you don't even need to leave the house for this, most good therapists will do phone or online consultations.

Given when you had it the first time and it lessened at school when you had distractions, what distractions are you doing at home? Try and do something requiring full concentration like drawing, puzzles or excercises. This may help ypu focus.

Graded Exposure is a CBT technique that may help you to build up resistance slowly. Its aimed at introducing yourself to trigger points slowly, until you can manage them better.

The main thing is to remember that although you may be physically alone in the house, there are people online you can reach out to. Please do look into therapy options xx

• Posted

I will. I will do my best to defend this again. I've nothing to lose so ill do my best to stop this. Thank you so much for the reply i really do appreciate that♥️

• Posted

yes getting some support through counseling would really help you! Also in communities there’s usually some support even if you cannot afford it. Check with your local community , or churches who are very helpful in pointing you in the right direction to get help. .

in the meantime, when you’re having the hyper ventilating problem, go do a search on YouTube for “stop panic attack now“ it guide you through the hyperventilation and helps you to get in control. The breathing becomes way easier. It’s worked for me many times. There’s also hundreds of other great meditations on there for anxiety, breathing, sleep, etc. I do this every day and it helps me a lot.

Do not give up because there is a lot of help out there and many people are struggling with the same issue. Do a little research online for maybe some local support groups for anxiety or whatever you choose .

you are very young and have a whole life I had of you! When you learn how to manage this to a much better degree, you’ll be able to enjoy your life better! Take one day at a time, find that support and go for it! Some days will be better than others in the beginning but eventually you’ll learn how to manage this.

Remember we are always here for you! ❤❤❤

• Posted

Thanks i do appreciate your support and yes i found some churches and emailed them and called them ill go there after 2 days and they will let me see a therapist and stuff thank you so much i didn't know about this♥️♥️

• Posted

GREAT! THERES ALWAYS HELP......NEVER EVER GIVE UP AND BE A FIGHTER FOR YOURSELF!!! ❤❤❤

• Posted

Hi there a group called Let's talk anxiety on Facebook I'm on the group it's helped me a lot to message other people x

• Posted

hey man. im going through the same thing. fear of hyperventilation everyday. its been going in for almost four months and youre right man its literal hell. im on xanax and that honestly helps me cope with it, but its not a good drug to be on because of its addiction rate. im about to seek a new psychiatrist and get into therapy about my issues. if you want to talk about it a little more man, i have discord and tons of social media outlets. i have a lot of coping skills that i use. just let me know. i hope you get through this. there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.