Chronic Illness for a 1.5 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am a 21 year old female and have been sick on and off for over a year now.  Starting spring of 2016, I would get random bouts of nausea and dizziness. I would sometimes feel brain fog as well.  These symptoms would come and go, sometimes together, sometimes not. Then in June 2016 i wole up one morning with tonsilitis. I was put on antibiotics and steroids. While till on the medication, I had a grand mal seizure (with no history of seizures before). I saw a neurologist and had all types of tests done but nothing was found. Since, then I have still has nasuea, dizziness that worsened to vertigo, extreme fatigue, mild headaches, and chronic infecitons. I seem to get eye and vaginal infections more freqtuently than before and i also get colds easier and longer. I had swollen lymph nodes since june with the tonsilitis but the tonsilitis would never go away so in december 2016 i got a tonsilectomy. After this, the lymph nodes were no longer swollen. I have seen: neurologist, infectious disease, gastro, cardiologist, and an endocrinologist.  All blood work and tests have been normal. I have been tested for: lymphoma, aids/hiv, heart issues, I've gotten an endoscopy done, and many other tests. I am now trying to see an internist and explore other options to figure out what is going on.  These symptoms come and go, sometimes i have one at a time, or a few at a time. I can go a month with feeling okay, but then the next day, Im so sick I cant get out of bed.  I havent felt 100% since before this all began.

If anyone has any information or direction i can go, I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also have had random backaches that feel like period cramps. They last anywhere between 10 minutes to a few hours. I also will randomly get massive stomach cramps to the point where i am keeled over and i end up with diarrhia. 
    • Posted

Hi Hayley. I have an autoimmune disorder and yes symptoms are the same. Problem is getting a diagnosis. My bloods are often normal but you really want esr crp and ana checked. This often won't be done rputinely by your gp. A review by a rheumatologist or immunologist would be helpful if you can get a referral x

• Posted

Sorry for your discomfort!

You will get the answer you want and need by members which have a massive knowledge on the

subject.

Be firm on what you want the outcome comes.

I will follow this Discudsion of yours,

Take good care of you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.