Chronic inflammation/fatigue questions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, this is my first time posting here so I wasn't sure which forum to put this under. Upon reading another post on here I starting looking into fatigue caused by chronic inflammation. The poster advised they cut out red meat and possibly other inflammation causing foods and it substantially decreased their fatigue levels.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of condition? Do red meats and other foods cause that much internal inflammation that it can cause fatigue and other symptoms?

A brief summary of my situation:

I spend most days very tired and unable to do much - it's been that way for years. Fatigue, sleepiness, brain fog, difficulty concentrating..etc etc. I'm currently on BiPAP therapy due to mild sleep apnea. The treatment is working as far as numbers are concerned, but I've never felt any relief which is causing me to look at other possible causes.

I also have some depression and anxiety, which I've always contributed to the sleep issues but I'm not sure at this point.

All routine blood tests come back normal, I've had heart and lungs checked, thyroid normal, vitamin levels within range. At this point my doctor is no help so I'm trying to figure this out on my own.

If there is any more information I can provide please let me know. I'd love some feedback on the inflammation/fatigue issue.

Update: I should include I'm a 28 year old male with no major health issues.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake,

I think that it can be quite personal what can cause a reaction when you have cfs/me. All my tests came back normal accept that I found I was pre diabetic which I have managed to reverse. I think changing my sugar consumption did help to a degree. I am what and dairyfree and haven't eaten fish or meat for 30 ish years so can't help about red meat.

• Posted

Red meat does not cause inflammation it is the opposite which is why people who switch to animal only diet reverse disease and do health wise far better.

The problem is a lot of people listen to mainstream I used to go by what was taught at medical school plus what I was told is correct regarding nutrition it was all lies.

Cut out the processed foods and the carb foods that is the problem for any one that is into the science look up Randle cycle it explains why we have so many problems today regarding diet macro mixing carb/protein/fat shouldn't be mixed together also carbs cause inflammation so does the likes of wheat etc.

I would start with trying to switch to the likes of a clean keto so how you get on for 6 months try to consume a lot of fat dont be worried about it and do not go for products that claim to be keto stick with fresh if this doesn't help you may need to try removing all carbs so salt/beef only which you then add on to later on if you are fine with it.

This has worked with so many clients that are willing to try it unfortunately their is a lot that will not even try or they cheat as such and wonder why they are not getting results or feel worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.