chronic intestinal pain for 12 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi this is for my brother, heres a description of his issues. Chronic intestinal pain( litterly he's rolling around on his bed crying in pain right now) seems to be that his intestines stop moving the food through. Feels the pain under ribs and lower pack. Sharp very sharp pain. Has taken tons of tests to no avail. Even had a foot of his intestine removed but that did not work. Doctors say its all in his head. Started going to dry needleing accupuncture a few months ago and found out his muscles are super tied up in knots and acupuncturists thinks muscles are so tight its pulling on his organs  ( and pulling his rib straight into his organs) had been seeing a chiropractor to put the rib and other bones back into place. He thinks its nerve pain and no one will give him the test to test that. Stomach problems run in our family and I believe its food as well. He argues that.. I think its both. He tried cutting foods out for a long time but reacts to everything. He's been severely depressed and suicidal for a while... So I'm desperate. Has anyone experienced or know someone who's experienced this? Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Daniiele i have not. I suffer from hpylori and tightness in upper abdomen,  and gurgling.  Perhaps he needs to go to ER if the pain is that severe.  Wish i couod help.  
    • Posted

He said he had what u have and had to do a three step program to get rid of it but then the doctors wouldn't fallow up with him, do u think he could still have it
  • Posted

I am so sorry to hear of the distressing situation with your brother or with any one else who feel like they are just banging their heads against a brick wall with the medical profession, when will they realise that none of us enjoy pain how about a little compassion. I do hope your brother comes out the right side of his latest episode and I for one am thinking of him 
  • Posted

Has he been tested for MECKLES DIVERTICULUM?

A malformation of the small intestine. From my own experience it caused awful abdominal pains, under my ribs and pains in the lower back kidney area. Ask your doctor to test for this with a CT scan or a meckles scan. If they are not looking for this condition then it will not be seen on any other test. I wish him all the best with his diagnosis and recovery. 

• Posted

Hi 

has he got a rash ? .could be a small one if so could be shingles .and this can last for many weeks or even years .i have shingles and it took 5 doctors to find out what it was .the pain he got is the same as I have and I had a small rash on back .hope this helps .but he should go back to doctors again don't give up keep going till they do something 

julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.