Chronic joint and abdominal pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had all over joint pain for nearly ten years. Started in my shoulders but has spread to hips, ankles, wrists, knees, fingers, and even toes. Never really mentioned it to the doctor because the discomfort is managed with OTC meds. Lately it has gotten so bad it keeps me awake. My joints feels like they are burning. OTC medication no longer works 

In the last two years I stared having severe abdominal pain. It started out feeling like extreme menstrual cramps but it wasn't cyclic. I had a diagnostic lap to rule out endometriosis and it was negative.

Over the last year the pain has progressed in severity and included more than pelvic region. It can be a burning dull pain usually in pelvic region, upper abdomen, or a very sharp stabbing pain in all quadrants but very specific locations.

Other Symptoms include hair loss, increased anxiety, severe anxiety caused by pain, Vitamin D deficiency, slightly elevated ALT.

Bowels are fairly regular with some occasional constipationand/or diarrhea. I do at least feel bloated sometimes. A lot of painful fullness under the ribs. Usually after sitting for too long.

I had an ultrasound 01/2017 that showed a ruptured hemorrhagic cyst, followed up 04/2017 and it was resolving. 02/2018 the pain was worsening so i went back to the doctor who repeated the ultrasound. showed small hypo-echoic area where cyst used to be.

05/2018 pain was so severe went to urgent care then referred to ER, CT and Ultrasound showed 2cm cyst. Referred to GYN for endometriosis consult. Diagnostic Lap performed 07/2018 and was negative but for some pelvic free fluid. No cyst present during ultrasound. 

Urinary- no burning, but if my bladder gets to full it worsens my abdominal, so much so that I wake 4-5 throughout the night to use the bathroom. If i do not I am in the bathroom for a good hour in excoriating pain after i finally am able to drain my bladder.

For instance, today my pain has been, besides the general burning ache in abdomen, an intermittent stabbing in lower left by hip bone. like a pulsing stabbing pain. It alternates all around. upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right.

same stabbing sensation in each area, sometimes multiple areas at a times.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.