Chronic joint pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello everyone,

I have been having ongoing issues for 10 years now. it started with runners knee, then i almost had stress fractures, followed by hip pain. 5 years ago I started having bilateral hand pain, starting with the right. i have fractured my wrist in 2008. i have numbess and tingling in both hands at the 3 4 and 5 fingers, weakness with both hands, and right hand tremor x1 year with hand extension. the palm area beneath the thumb constantly seems blue and the right hand palm is bigger than the left. diagnosed with elbow nerve impingements. 6 months ago i was diagnosed with right hip labrum tear which was corrected by arthroscopy. since then i have had numbness in the groin, bilateral hip pain. for the last 5 years standing a long time causes knee pain to the point that i try to lean towards one side then the other. i went to the er in sept for severe lower back pain and the groin numbness and was told that i need to follow up with a neurologist. mri and ct came back normal except for slight bulge of c5 and c6. blood work all came back normal, to include lyme disease and MS. i have anxiety depression and ptsd and have been seeing counseling for 1 year. i also have hypothyroidism and cold urticaria. i have year round allergies that i receive shots for.

i have been told by 3 doctors that i have weak rectal tone, my reflexes are brisk, and i had positive babinski. i was referred to neurology where i felt the doctor was dismissive of me and said that al

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

alot of the issues is my bodys manifestation of anxiety and ptsd. i told her I had anal leakage last week which she said was not a concern and was probably due to constipation (i wasnt constipated that week). i told her about what the doctors said about my reflexes and she said shorter people tend to have brisk reflexes. i told her how all the doctors said babinski positive which she followed up with doing the test and said looks fine to me. she said she only needed to see that the big toe moves.my big toe moved ever so slightly and the little toes moved a teeny tiny bit down.. my feet barely respond to stimuli and they are painful and swollen all of the time and have reduced feeling. I have gone to physical therapy and occupational therapy with no success. my gluteal muscles continue to be weak and appear like they are constantly tense. she checked my rectal tone and said everything looked normal to her. my lower back has constantly been inflamed and looks like a pocket of fluid is trapped. i do not think stress can cause all of this to include groin numbness

please help me. i feel like she did not believe me and i even told her that i was worried about it all being in my head at the beginning of the appt but my body does not feel right.

• Posted

alot of the issues is my bodys manifestation of anxiety and ptsd. i told her I had anal leakage last week which she said was not a concern and was probably due to constipation (i wasnt constipated that week). i told her about what the doctors said about my reflexes and she said shorter people tend to have brisk reflexes. i told her how all the doctors said babinski positive which she followed up with doing the test and said looks fine to me. she said she only needed to see that the big toe moves.my big toe moved ever so slightly and the little toes moved a teeny tiny bit down.. my feet barely respond to stimuli and they are painful and swollen all of the time and have reduced feeling. I have gone to physical therapy and occupational therapy with no success. my gluteal muscles continue to be weak and appear like they are constantly tense. she checked my rectal tone and said everything looked normal to her. my lower back has constantly been inflamed and looks like a pocket of fluid is trapped. i do not think stress can cause all of this to include groin numbness

please help me. i feel like she did not believe me and i even told her that i was worried about it all being in my head at the beginning of the appt but my body does not feel right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.