Chronic left and right flank pain and sometimes in left groin

Posted , 1 user is following.

Could do with some help please, i have been experiencing pain now for several years, it all started by experiencing a dull ache pain in my left groin 7 years back then shortly after pain in left flank near the kidney area, say a year after i started experiencing pain in my right flank in addition to the other pains, however back then the pain was intermittent.

I went to the doctors and had urine test and blood test and they were both normal and they put it down to IBS.

However i was not happy with the diagnosis so i pushed for referral to urology they performed a ultrasound and a ct scan 2 years back and they both came back clear and i was discharge saying it is down to musculo-skeletal.

However i am not convinced the pains are on down to musculo-skeletal, especially in the left flank seem to be more deep and the odd occurrence i had a sharp deep pain that made me jump a few year back.

In the last 18 months or so the pain is now chronic in my left and right flanks, so seems the symptoms have got worse, i'm going round in circles with the doctors so i was hoping if anyone has any opinions on the symptoms or as experienced something similar would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.