Chronic leg and stomach pain after multiple laparoscopies for removal of endo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone and anyone,

I have never used or joined a forum before - in fact I am not even sure I am using it correctly! BUT I am running out of options and was hoping to find women with similar stories who may have some further advise, options, avenues to try etc.

I am 24 and have had 5 surgeries within the past 2 years, one resulting in the removal of my left ovary after being told I had sever stage 4 endo. After each surgery..the pain goes for some time, maybe a month - maybe 4 months but has always returned and with extra fight. After my last 2 surgeries which showed no endo but only removal of scar tissue I have suffered sever stomach and leg pain (which I had never suffered prior to surgery) that has effected every aspect of my life and coping whilst trying to hold onto my job has taken a huge toll on not only my own mental health but of many around me who watch me suffer day in day out. - Oh I also have POCS, of course....

At 24, I can no longer go out for a social drink with friends, I cannot drive to the shop to pick up milk, I cannot drive into work and at the worst of times I cant even move. My normal day is sat behind my home desk (because I am unable to get myself into work) with a heat pack on my leg, one on my stomach and a stack of medication waiting for the pain to hit at amy moment.

I have had nerve scans and test, which is what my GP and physio thought the on going pain was from as maybe a nerve was damaged throughout surgery- that was normal, I have had MRI and CAT scans - those results normal. I have had multiple ultrasounds and blood test - also normal. 

My gyno has now 'confidently' cleared me from still suffering from endo and has suggested i go down other paths to try and manage the pain. I have tried acupunture, natural herbs, physio, hyrdo therapy, I have been on lyrica, endone, panden forte, targin, tramadol, durrigisic patches, pelexia, zoledex - all which were unable to manage my pain and im sure as some of you know come with some cripling side effects themselves.

I am now on an hourly dose of 30mg norspan patch, 3 x 50mg volatren a day, vallium at night, antidepressants, maxilon to stop me feeling so sick from all of the medication, endone and pandene forte for break through pain etc AND even throughout this I still get break through pain at least every second day.

I have ran out of options and none of the professionals I am seeing can pin point why or where the pain is coming from and therefore are running out of options to treat me or better yet an idea on how to help fix what ever is wrong with me. I dont even have a clear direction or path to start on and am running out of time - the toll on my relationship, my job, my loved ones and myself is starting to leave deep scars i am afraid I wont be able to mend if i cant find something that works soon! I know 'stay strong' and 'be patient' are the most common lines I have heard over the past 3 years but I have done that - and for how much longer i can continue that...I am starting to question.

I have read some similar stories on here and as a long shot was hoping maybe someone would be able to throw some suggestions my way. At my age, without the chance to have children yet the thought of having a hysterectomy scares the life out of me as having children is something I have always wanted and with one ovary, PCOS and my history my is already not on my side and have been advised I would need to start trying in the next year for the best chances of me being able to become pregnant.

I am open to anything - I want my life back, please help!

Amy-leigh (AUS)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.