Chronic Migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently been diagnosed with 'chronic migraines' by a neurologist. I have had the following symptoms for around eight months, now daily:

Headaches, pain in cheekbones, ears, pain behind eyes.

I even get some lower back pain. As said, they have diagnosed it as chronic migraines, but the pain never really subsides, it's either lingering or really severe.

I have tried Topiramate (which gave me hurrendous anxiety), so i stopped this, I have just tried Propanalol for two months, which didn't make any difference, I am now going to try a homeopathic remedy, as I feel the medication is just masking the problem.

Can anyone help wioth any info - perhaps you have had similar problems?I'm desperate as it has almost become completley disabling.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my migrane is so severe that it actually causes so much pain that i collapse with it.

my nerologist says that it is stress related,and effects the kneck muscles to tention causing a restriction in blood flow to the head,in turn causing me to collapse,twice a week.

the head pain never leves me,in turn causing a dizzy feeling,while the head at thye rear is in constant pain stemming from the trapezium muscles.

the spine has three discs gone (hernianated) pressing on the nerves,causing further problems

• Posted

For the the past 3 years (on the 23rd, Sept), I have had a migraine. Like you said, it's always there just variations on severity. I've been on so many drugs and mixes that nothing works. I'm currently on Topiramate which use to be one of my favorites but seeing as I can't get rid of my triggers (I just had a baby a couple months ago) it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm only 31 years old....It breaks my heart to think this is my life!
  • Posted

My mum has just been disscharge from hopital with migraine, she has memory loss cant rember us at all, she keeps saying \"i cant remember and i dont know\" She has even forgot how to blow her nose until i showed her how its done. She dose not speak any other words, we can not have a conversation with her. Last night she was fine she made dinner for the family and also manged to entertain her freind who came round! Dont know what to do next so i have been reading up! Has any one else suffered any thing this bad???

Her 1st attack happened last week, she could not speak properly, she could not move her hand propely and now she has memory lost!!

• Posted

Hello

Ive had migrain all my adult life. Started about 18 with some visual loss for a few hours.. then migrain pain in skull and around eyes..and back of skull.. nausea and throwing up. Each attack lasted about 24 hours....... generally one per month.. increasing to one per week.

a few years back I discovered Sumatriptan sold in UK as IMIGRAN.

Its a prescription drug in 100 or 50mg pills. I find a 50mg will stop the whole attack in about 30 mins.

Its not a cure.. but its the only assistance Ive ever had with the migrain nightmare that has wrecked my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.