Chronic muscoskeletal chest pain...any ideas??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So back in November 2014 I was admitted to the hospital with chest pain, because blood tests showed a potential clot. The pain turned out to be nothing serious (thankfully), and I was discharged with painkillers. 

But the pain keeps coming back and the most useful thing the doctors do is tell me to keep taking painkillers.

No one seems to know why I am having frequent flare ups. None of the doctors seem to know how long it will take to heal either. 

I have depression as well and the intense chest pain is impacting on my mental health. Sometimes it hurts so much I can't do anything.

I wish it would go away!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi There

Sorry to hear about your pain ...if you have had all the tests done and ruled out anything cardiac or serious it may be costochondritis ...ask your GP about it ...ppl didnt know to much about it afew years ago and some Dr still dont if it is this then you have to find a way to help ease the pain ...it is hard I have had this for over 20 years and it has become chronic

Ask your GP and I hope you find some healing and help.

• Posted

Thanks. I had to go to the hospital yesterday becuase the pain was so bad I thought it was something worse. They did all the tests and ruled out everything else, but no other advice other than to take painkillers. I'm sorry you have similar struggles, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I think I will see my GP and see what they say. 
    • Posted

I am glad that it is nothing serious that being said ...I would really check with your GP on what they think and how to handle it I know it can be painful to the point that you dont want to move or cannot move ...stay healthy keep us posted.
  • Posted

I have the same thing going on but with back pain as well... i stopped all ibuprofen and pain killers I was being prescribed and started taking tumeric 2 times a day for anyone suffering from costocondritis and unexplained chest/ rib pain I would deff give it a try. It has been a life saver for me. There are a lot of cheaper versions out there that don't work as well make sure it has 95 % cumeroids.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.