Chronic neck pain for over a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

14 months ago I experience a neck pain issue, since then I've been to physical therapy for months, numerous pain meds that don't help in the slightest, anti inflammatory meds don't help, exercise, acupuncture, I've had nerve blocks and steroid injections and neither helped in the slightest. I've seen pain management doctors, chiropractors and neurologists. Neurologist did MRI said she sees nothing must be inflamed muscle, Pain management doc told me muscles don't stay inflamed for 14 months that it's something else, they just don't see it in an MRI or X ray.  I have 24hr around the clock discomfort. I wouldn't call it pain so much. I can't sleep with a pillow, I hear crunching with every move my neck makes, my head feels like it weighs 50 pounds, pain radiates into my shoulders and upper arms and upper back, and after 14 months now I'm getting a little lower back stiffness. It never stops, EVER. I've also noticed in the past few months that my limbs fall asleep very easy and I'm getting cramps that I can't make go away very easy. Any advice on what I might do next?    

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It almost sounds as though continue to aggravate it. Do you work at a computer all day? My neck hurt for about 6 months, I couldn't figure out why, and then one day I realized it was my monitors. I had 3 monitors on my desk, and I'd face one and crank my head to look at the other, and this went on so long that it finally started causing horrific neck pain. I ditched the 3rd monitor, and it still took about 6 months for my neck to finally heal. 

Is there something in your daily life that you do repeatedly that might be causing this lingering pain? 

• Posted

Have you had any improvement yet David?  You sound identical to me.  Lately i have been doing yoga and feel a little less pain but it's still there always.  I have to sleep without any pillows but oddly enough, i like a little pillow under my upper back.  It feels like it stretches it and i can't get enough of it.

i have been seeing a chiro and massage therapist for the past two years now.  Some days are better than others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.