Chronic nonallergic congestion

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any one have this?

Chrinic  nonallergic congestion enlarged turbinates. 

Had  turbinate reduction surgery last year.  They enlarged once again bc i have inflammation 24/7 365 days a year which is non allergic.  Tested negative for allergies

Have tried 2 week trails of every nasal steroidal spray with no relief. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Exact same thing happened to me about 4 yrs ago. I still cant breath fully thru my nose and had to settle with the "new normal". I also had turbinate reduction only brought partial relief. Steroid sprays did not work for me either. I read something recently about "silent reflux" that made me wonder if that is my issue. Its like acid reflux but only symptoms are nasal congestion where your stomach acids come back up and irritate nasal membranes. Steroid spray/allergy meds dont work for me either. One thing to point out..when all this began I was living in a home with mold issues. I also read a few places that evening primrose oil helps with nasal congestion. A few pills each day. One man said it resolve 20yrs of congestion for him. Good luck!

• Posted

I started taking primrose oil.  i hope it will help.   i also started using a colloidal silver nasal spray. i read good things on it and how it kills fungus.  hope this helps

• Posted

Please please please let me know if it works for you. It also helps with regulating hormones and it brought my missing menstrual cycle back after taking it for just a few days, so i stopped taking it lol. Raymond24308 is the member who originally posted about this remedy. The title of the thread is Sinus Infection-An Effective Remedy. He took 1000 mg per day. You may need to work up to that dose. I was afraid to use colloidal silver after reading some horror stories. Good luck to you!

• Posted

thanks for the reply Sistaha!  I'm glad to have found someone with the same condition!  Funny you mentioned menstrual cycle.... my other thought is that maybe hormone imbalance is at play here.  I'm very confused by the function of estrogen and progesterone, it's very confusing.  But, here's a few things i've read: pregnant women get chronic congestion due to hormone fluctuations; high levels of cortisol can bind to progesterone receptor sites and cause low levels of progesterone and apparently there are estrogen receptor sites in the nasal lining , so estrogen dominance can cause inflammation.  i don't really know how accurate any of this is, but i feel like it's possible that this nonallergic chronic congestion maybe is related to hormone imbalance.  i'm also wondering if it's mostly women who are affected.  i'd love find more people with this condition!!  maybe we can crack the case!

• Posted

Katharine! You may be onto something.

I looked into the same thing with hormones because i have had high prolactin hormone for over 20 yrs. Its a pregnancy hormone that allows women to lactate. I stopped taking the meds so that stopped my cycle. (My body thought it was pregnant). I know i have high levels of estrogen and cortisol. Last month had hysterectomy due to massive fibroids which are due to estrogen. Please keep me posted. I also researched candida as a possible reason..parasites (did a cleanse)...also consider doing an Amish liver cleanse..i didnt do that...kind of gave up...btw my body doesnt produce estrogen anymore..no decrease on my congestion.

• Posted

Hmmm... ok, so no estrogen production would mean it can’t be high estrogen levels.  

I’m still considering high cortisol and candida.   I have a horrible digestion and bloating all the time (ibs).  I got garlic tablets and caprylic acid.  They re both supposed to help kill off candida.  Idk. It all seems so complex.  Still doing primrose oil tablet 1300 mg daily.  I ve also added gingsing and an adrenal support supplement to help with cortisol if that’s the issue.  

• Posted

Katharine,

I was having digestion issues before this happened also. Try Source Naturals - Daily Essential Enzymes for your digestive issues. They helped me and multiple friends. Reviews are on amazon many people with ibs take them and found relief. Please look into silent reflux possibly being the cause of congestion as that is digestion related. I understand what u are going through...i went thru a time when i was searching for a remedy non stop because the congestion was so bad and effecting my quality of life...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.