Chronic nonunion calcaneum fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

I fell down a curb nearly 6 months ago and broke my heel bone.

I have had several x rays and an MRI and have an appointment in 2 weeks to see what my next option is.

I still have pain in my ankle top of my foot down to my big toe and up the back of my leg.

I wore a big boot for 8 weeks and now just strap it up. I can walk a short distance but it soon swells and I have alot of pain in the night in bed.

My Dr seems un interested in my problem and had to fight for my MRI.

I have the full report from my MRI it says i have a chronic nonunion fracture of anterior process of calcaneum with marrow edema.

Any advice please.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is time for you to go see a good foot surgeon. take your x-rays, MRI, written reports and any other tests you had done with you.

Take care

Ana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.