Chronic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

ive been having bad stomach pain for the last month. I'm starting to get worried about what it is, my doctor said its constipation, but I'm not sure.....

Sometimes the pain comes and goes at certain times in the day, but usually it's all the time. The pain is all around my abdomen to be honest, but today it's in the lower left, and I feel like I'm winded around my upper back and chest. I'm only 16, but I'm just worried that it might be something bad. My stomach hurts all over when I press in one place, but sometimes it doesn't hurt at all? I've been pooing hard balls lately, and a bit of blood came out today which worries me. Also the pain sometimes hurts around my shoulders, and today I woke up all achy...

i have a swollen gland in my neck as well, I'm just wondering if this could be related? 

Any feedback would be soo so appreciated as I'm very worried 

thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi joeyboy7

Ask your doc for an ultrasound scan or MRI scan to investigate what is going on in your abdomen and upper part of your body...due to you having hard stool this probably has caused an anal fissure and caused a rectal bleed.....do you eat a healthy diet? If not start eating lots of veg and fruit fidh chicken and salad and drink plently of water. Also keep a food diary to see when you get the pain if it coincides with something you are eating...best wishes.....

• Posted

Sorry spellcheck ..I meant 'fish'

• Posted

Good advice Lilian,

You must have a good Dr - generally speaking if you ask for an MRI they will almost always say CT scan first (after ultrasound). CT is cheaper and actually better at seeing into the abdomen (the nurse in radiology told me this) . The downside is that CT emits radiation

• Posted

Hi, well it wasn't my doctor it was a surgeon, as I went to hospital thinking it was my appendix, and he felt around my abdomen and he said he could feel 'stool loading'

• Posted

Hi, I eat healthy foods but I also eat a lot of junk food aswell , but k do exercise regularly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.