Chronic pain 6+ months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been ill since October 2017 it’s coming up to a year now and I’m completely lost on what to do and wonder if I’m ever going to be better again, I’m praying that somebody somewhere can help me figure this out because the doctors have no clue. 

In October I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up and I didn’t think much of it I thought it was something I’d ate or just a upset stomach but after I was sick I didn’t feel any better I still felt sick I went to sleep and this is when it all started. The next morning I still felt awful, I ended up in hospital because they thought it was my appendix as I had pain on the right side and a fever but it wasn’t. I was advised to come off the contraceptive pill so I did and I was fine a week later. 

Then in may this year it all started up again I woke up in the middle of the night but didn’t throw up I just felt so sick, I tried to ignore it but couldn’t as it was terrible, as the time passed it got worse it’s now September and the pain is the worst it’s ever been, currently I am not feeling sick but have excruciating pains in my side and down my leg also radiating to my back and when I say excruciating I mean it, I cannot walk properly or lay flat.

About a month ago I came off the pill again after restarting it in November 2017 and the symptoms disappeared again. I recently had my first period after being off the pill and I thought I was going to be sick the first day I started but wasn’t, I haven’t felt 100% since then and today the pain started again baring In mind I am not on the pill anymore so I shouldn’t be having any pain according to the doctor, but here I am in excruciating pain again it feels like I have pulled all my muscles in my side and whenever I move it hurts so much I can’t describe it it’s that bad, I also get heart palpitations and chills but the nausea has stopped this time for some reason, the pain started at about 9am this morning and it has got worse since then it’s now 10pm and I don’t feel like I can even move.

The doctors have no idea what’s wrong and don’t seem to want to help me because it’s wasting their time and I feel like I am being paranoid but I know it’s there and I know how I feel.

Please will someone give me some advice on what this could be because it’s affecting my life massively, I have to move on with my life and see people and work but I am stuck and in so much pain all the time, I can never predict when this will come on or go it’s a viscous circle and I’m not myself anymore. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow you have a host of things going on! Have you looked into Celiac? That could cause the vomiting and yuck feeling, a whole bunch of things. Sciatica for the leg pain? You may have more than one thing. Palpitations, chills, and nausea could be hormones. How old are you?

• Posted

im 16 and yes ive been tested for celiac and lots of other things, they have checked everything, the only things i havent had done is an MRI and a CT scan, the reason they havent done these is because apparently its not serious enough to have these done, im still dealing with all the symptoms and trying to manage them as they think its my anxiety causing the problems, im going to be going to the doctors to ask for some medication as i think its past talking therapy now its causing physical problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.