Chronic Pain _ Post Cystoscopy Urethral Dialation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I am a 32 yrs old male. I have seen a urologist as It seems I had a poor flow of urination. My Urologist suggests that I should go through Cystoscopy to find out whats going on. and it would be a minor procedure. I had my Cystoscopy about 3 months back and since then I haven't had a single day without pain and burning sensation. the pain level could go very worse at certain times. I have seen my urologist more than 5 to 6 times since my cystoscopy. My urologist said there is nothing wrong with my bladder everything seems good, but analyzing my symptoms and pain, I have prostatitis and He suggested I take antibiotics to get rid of infection and prostatitis.  I have changed my medicines 2 to 3 times and currently taking Levaquin and my pain and burning don't seem to go away. Please suggest what should I do?

I am very worried and concerned, since I never experienced this sort of pain before, only from the day of my cystoscopy.  It's hard to live with this pain on a daily basis.  I travel for my work quite frequently. this pain is causing me not to travel and affects my work tremendously. There isn't a single day I wake up in the morning and does not worry about my pain. 

?Please advise and help. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Ransr - I'm not a doctor, so I can't advise you on a course of treatment.  Have you considered having a second opinion?  Sometimes it's good to have another 'pair of eyes' take a look at you.  See what you can do, and I hope things work out better for you!

Best regards -- Alan

• Posted

Hello Alan12675

THanks for your guidance. I have seen another urologist for second opinion as you suggested. 

According to him, I did not needed the Cytoscopy  and last 4 months of Antibiotics to prevent the pain from Cysto. Currently, I am going through a CT scan to make sure whats really causing the pain. 

Did the first doctor really screw up or damaged any nerve during the procedure. 

Hope I get to find out and get rid off this pain that I am having for last 5 months.

Thanks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.