Chronic pain for months with no known cause...

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

i am a young male and for months now ive been living in chronic widespread pain and discomfort. my doctor has run a battery of test for deficiencies, heart, lung, brain, and ct of my abdomen. i also get waves of dizziness when the pain is really bad.

im not really one of those guys that dont trust doctors but to is frustrating to just hear your pain is just musleskeletal... im only 25 and im pretty active and eat fairly well.

for 8 months ive had pain in my neck, shoulders, ribs, head, TMJ, back, hips, and stomach... sometimes just in one or 2 locations but sometimes like tonight i feel my whole body ache and its excruciating 😦

does anyone know what could cause all of this? my doctor ruled out MS and said im not a good candidate for fibromyalgia after doing the 18 point test... please help me i cant bare it anymore 😦

Tim

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello TimLit2r,

I am going through this right now. I am 29 yr old female. It all started for me in last September when I had my first panic attack for anxiety due to my intrusive OCD and health anxiety. Post that I had experienced freightening physical symotoms like numbness on face, limbs, chronic headaches, tingling, ants crawling, eye bluriness, tight and jelly legs, sudden pain in limbs, stomach issues which I thought to be Ibs for 2 months I googled MS and was terrified that I had it. which further caused my symptoms to amplify.

then I met 3 reputed neurologist s who refused it to be MS. As the MRI was clear and they did manual test too for any weakness in limbs. they all said it is all anxiety.

I didn't believe them and still googled about my symptoms. Then I thought if I had MS my condition should detiorate fast.

So I stopped concentrating on symptoms. Slowly most of my symptoms faded. In January , I was almost back to normal.

Then I realized this is chronic stress and anxiety.

But starting Feb I started getting this random pain in thigh, hips, bicep s. Sometimes deep and some times mild. Almost the pain spanning 15 days in a month. Till now I am suffering from the pain.

I worry and panic a lot even now what if this is fibromyalgia after reading internet. I have been to a rheumatologist and had tests done. All autoimmune tests are clear. he asked me to wait and see.

Now I just enjoy a good day and think the day I have pain this should not last longer.

I still dont know what future is. I just hope I will be pain free If I manage anxiety.

ps: Post my pain attack I also suffer from chostochondritis and eye blurriness

on stressfull days mainly if I have confrontations.

I read some where that by exercising well you can retrain your brain and manage the pain well. I know this does not work for all.

I hope we all become pain free some day.

lo

• Posted

Hello TimLit2r,

I am going through this right now. I am 29 yr old female. It all started for me in last September when I had my first panic attack for anxiety due to my intrusive OCD and health anxiety. Post that I had experienced freightening physical symotoms like numbness on face, limbs, chronic headaches, tingling, ants crawling, eye bluriness, tight and jelly legs, sudden pain in limbs, stomach issues which I thought to be Ibs for 2 months I googled MS and was terrified that I had it. which further caused my symptoms to amplify.

then I met 3 reputed neurologist s who refused it to be MS. As the MRI was clear and they did manual test too for any weakness in limbs. they all said it is all anxiety.

I didn't believe them and still googled about my symptoms. Then I thought if I had MS my condition should detiorate fast.

So I stopped concentrating on symptoms. Slowly most of my symptoms faded. In January , I was almost back to normal.

Then I realized this is chronic stress and anxiety.

But starting Feb I started getting this random pain in thigh, hips, bicep s. Sometimes deep and some times mild. Almost the pain spanning 15 days in a month. Till now I am suffering from the pain.

I worry and panic a lot even now what if this is fibromyalgia after reading internet. I have been to a rheumatologist and had tests done. All autoimmune tests are clear. he asked me to wait and see.

Now I just enjoy a good day and think the day I have pain this should not last longer.

I still dont know what future is. I just hope I will be pain free If I manage anxiety.

ps: Post my pain attack I also suffer from chostochondritis and eye blurriness

on stressfull days mainly if I have confrontations.

I read some where that by exercising well you can retrain your brain and manage the pain well. I know this does not work for all.

I hope we all become pain free some day.

lo

• Posted

hey there! the 18 point test is old, you don't test for fibro that way. maybe try another doctor or going privately?

• Posted

Hello Tim, At only 25 my heart goes out to you. I am wondering if you've had a FULL Thyroid function test? Often Dr's feel it's a female condition & overlook males. It happened to a friend of mine who kept complaining for years only to find out it was his thyroid all a long.

I agree that the 'Tender Point' test is outdated & I strongly recommend you try & find a functional Doctor. Another thing going against you is because of your young age Dr's will be very reluctant to give you pain relief. You DO need to be taken seriously because what you're experiencing is not normal. Be kind to yourself & try to have as little stress as possible. If your mother is available to talk to ask her if she had any problems when she was pregnant with you. Did she take any medication? This is a highly sensitive question however it is a fact that toxic exposure can cause Fibromyalgia type symptoms as an adult due to CNS toxic assault. I guess what I am saying is that sometimes blood tests do not show up anything obvious. The cause can be hidden. You have right to be believed so do not let anyone suggest "it's all in your head". They just haven't found the answer for you. Something to think about. Stay safe & know that people do care about you.

KIT

Michelle

Australia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.