Chronic pain in lower back

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm a 38 year old male, otherwise generally fit and healthy. However, since around March I have been suffering with a pain on the right hand side of my lower back. I have seen numerous physios, chiropractors both privately and on NHS and they all suspect I have a problem with my SIJ. sacroilliac joint. Whenever I point to the spot where it hurts they say that's where that is.

This has been caused as a result of how I have been moving due to an earlier back problem where I had a facet sprain in my lower back.

I am becoming incredibly frustrated as I usually shake off injury quite quickly, but this has lingered and knocked me for six. I also have two young children to look after so it's a real issue at home. I have been religiously doing the exercises given to me, and have taken a course in online pilates to see if that helps. The problem I have is that I am a postman and so my job is very physical and I don't think I'm getting the necessary rest I need in order to recover. I'm currently on reduced duties (Still too much) and have been since early Feb.

I'm at my wits end now, as I'm literally trying everything but I'm still in pain, plus work are beginning to pressurise me into doing full duties again.

anyone else on here who has experienced SIJ problems that might have some extra advice? I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Ste

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.