Chronic pain,neck pain,spine pain, all over back pain..throbbing pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been suffering for 10 years. These past 5 years my pain has gotten worse..I’ve been to Drs with no help. Wasted money ...  i just canceled Kaiser... looking for a new dr.. I hv been on my own for months. I currently tried so many medications. I’ve tried a Fentanyl patch & it works for me .. my dad told me no dr would prescribe it to me bc of my age.. I’m in constant pain.. I feel like checking out.. I’m so frustrated.. I want to live!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from fibromyalgia for years now and my PCP had given my hydrocodone for pain as needed.  But I told her that I was still waking in the morning feeling like I had been hit by an 18 wheeler.  She prescribed a 50mg Fentanyl patch.  It helped me immediately.  I still have times I need something for breakthrough pain, but I am amazed at how well this works for me.  And I like not having to decide myself when I need something and be concerned that I am taking too much.  I wish all pain medication was dispensed this way but I know for immediate relief you need something else as well.  Just my personal experience, I find that it takes at least 12 hours for me to feel the effects of it and it begins to lessen the last day so my doctor switched me to a 48 hour patch rather than changing it every 72.  72 hrs. is preferred and I am working my way back to that.  But I hope that I can continue on this given my recent problems with back pain as well.  I do have to go to pain management to get this.  I don't think a PCP will prescribe this anymore given the serious problem in this country with drug addiction.  I wish you the very best!  I am 71 years old and have been on this patch for more than 8 years now.  

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I’ve been to pain management also. When I canceled kaiser.. I was so over whelmed & in tears at home in pain. So basically I hv to start all over. I’m dreading it. I need help ASAP! I don’t hv the energy to convince these quacks about my pain.. My quality of life is crap~  I’m 46 years old.. I hv several family wt chronic pain ... thanks for taking time to read my story ..

• Posted

Where do you live?  If its in the San Francisco area, I may be able to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.