Chronic pain What do my xray results mean?..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay this is my xray results... what does it all mean? 

Xray cervical spine-

Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis. Discovertebral height, soft tissue planes and bony alignment preserved.

No facet joint arthropathy. No cervical ribs or apical lung lesions. 

Mild cervicothoracic scoliosis convex to the left.

Xray thoracic spine-

Subtle mid thoracic scoliosis convex to the right centred at approx T7/8 without kyphosis, no paravertebral lesion.

Xray lumbar spine and pelvis-

Five lumbar type vertebral bodies, vertebral body height and alignment preserved without spondylolisthesis or pars defect.

Sacroiliac joints are within normal limits.

Proximal femora are within normal limits.

On the erect image pelvic unlevelling is noted high on the left st approx 17mm, similar distance is noted at the level of the femoral head high on the left approx 15-17mm. Is there a history of leg length discrepancy? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure this was an Xray - it sounds more like a CT or MRI scan.

It doesn’t show much:

You have some mild scoliosis - most people have this. Its quite rare to have a perfect spine.

Your pelvis is on a tilt (left side is higher than right side) - they speculate because your left leg is slightly longer than your right. Again this is interesting - its individual - but it doesn’t mean anything.

Mild kyphosis in your neck as well - again not that uncommon.

Where do you get pain? Does it hurt when you press on the paraspinal muscles?

• Posted

It was a full spinal xray, 

I get pains in neck/upper back inbetween my shoulders, left shoulder blade and ribcage area, chest and also across my lower back and left hip/femur area. 

I also get tight feelings in lower legs and inner left bicep and armpit,  as if something is squeezing there. 

I get tingling and numbness in my hand and feet aswell

My spine feels bruised between the shoulders like it hurts to touch 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.