Chronic painless anal fissure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i posted a few weeks ago, i an scheduled for a colonoscopy in a few weeks bc of rectal bleeding. im 35. during the flexible sigmoidoscopy, dr confirmed i have lots of piles, an anal fissure, and proctitis (no idea how i have that, i have zero of the causes). i know when the fissure would have started, postpartum around 20 mos ago, i struggled to go and it was quite painful. however i had no issues for at least 9 months. the different sort of bleeding started again last May with hard stools, , but not any pain really. is it normal to be chronic and mostly painless? i dont know if its the piles, proctitis or fissure, or a combo. will the bleeding nightmare ever end? curious other experiences.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds to me like internal piles for sure. They're usually not painful, but can cause bleeding anytime your bowel movements have firmer texture, or when you have to strain slightly while pooping. If you are concerned please see your physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.