Chronic Pains - Treatment Options

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yo!

I've had Osteomyelitis when I was younger and deteriorated my left femur and hip joint-- needless to say I've had over 18 surgeries to repair and reconstruct my hip and lengthening my leg. It was assumed that I would at least need 3-4 hip replacements in my lifetime.

However, from my last orthopedic appointment it was stated that I may not qualify for a traditional hip replacement.

Currently I don't have any treatment plans as I was taking over the counter NSAIDs and managing with heat/cold treatments. This has grown ineffective and now affects my daily life and sleep.

I was recently prescribed diclofenac at 75 mg but doesn't help whatsoever.

I use weed to help but funds are limited and I can't always access that (don't have a medical card).

Do you guys have issues with chronic pains/muscle spasms?? If so what effective methods has helped you?

Thanks for the responses!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey GrungePrince,

Wow, man what an ordeal you've been through. Have you tried gabapentin? It might be more effective than the diclofenac. Clonezepam is also effective for muscle spasms. These are two meds my husband takes. Also, you can try bathing in a hot tub of epsom salts, that does help with muscle pain. 

My husband has recently been through a battle with osteomyelitis, it destroyed his hip and so far no doctor has done anything. May I ask, in your case, how did the surgeons repair your hip? Did you ever get the hip replacement yet? Im just wondering if it's even possible after an infection like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.