Chronic Pancreatitis and Black Stools?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last couple of days I have felt drained and slightly fatigued. I've also have a constant mild headache. My main concern is that my stools are jet black. I also have a history of peptic ulcers. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Think you need to get a stool sample evaluated.  Black stools can be a sign of blood.  Combined with the feeling of being fatigued and history of peptic ulcers, you may have a bleeding ulcer. 

Sending good thoughts.

• Posted

Yep black stools can mean upper GI bleeding, you should see your GP smile
  • Posted

Black stools is usually stress, its some bleeding from with in your intestines.

Try to relax, see a doc.

Everything is going to be ok

• Posted

An immediate trip to your doctor or ER is necessary Mike, blood in stool is not a good sign.  Just in case the black disappears from your stool get a sample and store in fridge to take with you to the doctor, don't freeze.  I hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.