Chronic pancreatitis or cancer - I'm scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 42 femaLe

I have had stomach pains contstantly for about 8 weeks

No jaundice

Pain is abouT 5 out of 10 bearable but noticeable

Deep and central

I have had 1 possible attack of spasmodic stabbing for several hours that the doctor put down to indegestion

Have seen a surgeon who ordered ct scan with IV contrast dye and blood tests

They were amalyse lipase CBC CA++ EUC

The radiologist came to me after the scan and asked me if I was having blood tests run I said yes

This has made me feel very uncomfortable and I'm so scared that he has found something on my scan that is going to be the worst news that I may have cancer

I know I'm probably worrying for nothing but I really am scared

I see the surgeon next Wednesday

I live in Australia

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was told that a normal amylase score is 150 and mine was 1800.

I'm still getting a constant pain in my chest and lower back, I spoke to my drs surgery and as the hospital consultant hasn't sent the paperwork on they can't do much.

So much for my case case being urgent. I am ringing the surgery this afternoon for a med review and to check why things are taking so long

• Posted

Your pains are similar to what I had at first I'm now awaiting surgery to remove my gall bladder,II too thought of cancer.

Persevere and you'll be fine

• Posted

I desperately Hope that is what they find

However my surgeon pushed very hard on my gallbladder and I got no pain it's def pain in the lower pancreatic area

I will let u know what the doc says Wednesday

Holding on to hope x

• Posted

Hi, did you ever find out what this was? I'm going through a similar problem and really worrying. Hope everything is ok with you, if you read this please get back to me. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.