Chronic Pancreatitis symptoms but tests all normal!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I have started this thread as a means of help and for us to chat on when we need some help etc.

There are a lot of us in the same boat with symptoms that point to chronic pancreatitis but the tests keep coming back notmal.

I suffer with pain daily, aggravated by eating anything! My pain is on my left side, under my ribs at the front and back that radiates into my upper back. I have epigastric pain, sometimes more to the left, sometimes more to the right. I have right sided pain under my ribs at the front and back that radiates into my shoulder. I have loose stool of varying colour (yellow, burnt orange, light brown), weight loss then weight gain and now weightloss again. I have dizziness, lightheaded, fast heart rate, shakes, tinnitus, bone pains, achey shoulders, knees and wrists, pains in my ears and my throat. Bloating, passing wind, indigestion and heart burn. A feeling of pressure in my chest inbeteeen my boobs.

I am taking amitriptiline, grape seed extract, turmeric and alphodic acid capsules.

I've had the "usual blood tests" and stool tests.

I have a low gallbladder motility of 30% - consultant doesn't want to take it out. I want it out. I've been referred to surgeon.

I've had the follow: ultrasound x3 normal, 4th ultrasound showed debris in gallbladder, MRI (upper abdomen) and MRCP- normal, MRI Lower abdomen - showed free fluid in pelvis but normal, endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy with biopsies for inflammation, IBD, h.pylori and celiac - normal. Polyp removed in lower colon- non cancerous. Endoscopic Ultrasound - normal, HIDA scan - low motility.

So that's where I'm at now. Recently in the last few days my pains have changed to contant and are very stabby and deep in nature. They don't seem to be letting up at all. They have moved to my epigastric area which i find difficult to put to the back of my mind.

Please feel free to suggest anything, share your story or just generally comment smile

Thank you for reading!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, A year and a half into my pain. I had 2 cat scans 2 ultrasounds, a doppler ultrasound and 2 endoscopes. No answers, but pain is horrible after eating. I am at wit's end. Insurance company refuses tests my doc ordered, I have been waiting on a mri but fighting with insurance company to approve. Also pain worse when sitting. Down to 97lbs. We all need answers, please keep in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.