Chronic pancreatitus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone just wanted some advice please, diagnosed about year and half now take enzymes and vitamins ect, had eus 6 months ago still no improvement, my consultant is not very understanding keeps fobbing me off with different pain killers ect, I have constant back pain/stomach also indigestion nausea loose weight I know now it's not going to get better but consultant won't do any further tests MRI/CAT scan just afraid it may be pancreatic cancer.

Best wishes

Emma

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Emma,

If you are not comfortable with the advice of your current consultant, you always have an option to take second opinion. Having said that, please do understand that doctos know what they are doing and what diagnosis/ treatment is required. At times, we have to trust doctor and his line of treatment.

I am suffering from Chronic Pancreatitis since last 2 years. Pain (Back/stomach), indigestion, nausea are common problem in this. In my case, pain killer is only option.... Have gone through many treatments and consultant several docs, everyone says same.

Still, go for a second opinion.

• Posted

Hi siteshshri,

Thanks you so much for replying, it's a horrible illness isn't it, May I ask if you've had MRI/CAT scans , I have had EUS which showed calcification of pancreas, I loose weight very quickly too if I don't take enzymes.Do you know how I can ask for second opinion ect, It's a real struggle with daily life work ect.

Best wishes

Emma

• Posted

Hello Emma,

I agree, it is a horrible illness, but with proper medication and care, we can improve the life quality.

Yes, there have been many MRI/CAT scans in last two years. Every six month, doctors do MRI and CT scan with contrast. There is an intensive calcification in Pancreas body and tail. Doctors tried ESWL and ERCP, placed two stents in pancreas, which needs to be changed every two month.

By second opinion, I mean go to another doctor or hospital with your reports and check what they have to say. Calcification of pancreatic duct can be cleared by ESWL and then stents are placed in duct. This gives some relief.

Best Wishes,

Sitesh

• Posted

Hi Sitesh,

Thank you so much for your advice, I wi go back to my GP and ask about seeing different consultant, also you have been through so much with pancreatitis bless you, Do you mind me asking if you live in UK.

Best wishesh

Emma

• Posted

Hello Emma,

Please do update what your GP says. I am based out of New Delhi, India.

Best Wishes,

Sitesh

• Posted

Hi Sitesh,

Thanks for your message yesterday,I am in the UK,constant pain every day with CP,mostly in my back, weight loss ect some days loose pale stools with yellow discharge, other day's constipation,It is a so hard to get on with normal things some day's,I have not had anymore tests for about 12 months now,but I am frightened to ask my consultant for scans ect to see if anymore damaged, I next see him December,how about you Sitesh, do you struggle daily pain ect.Also just wondering if anyone on this forum knows how would you know if you had those cyst things, cannot remember the medical name for it.

Best wishes

Emma

• Posted

Hi again Sitesh,

I forgot to mention, I suggested to my consultant about having a CRP procedure but he dismissed it saying won't make any difference.

Best wishes,

Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.