Chronic Pebble/Pellet Poop

Posted , 2 users are following.

Right around the new year of 2018, I started having pellet-like/pebble-like poop. The poop is small and round, some are thin, some are thick - all are hard and dry and are difficult to push out. I frequently feel the urge to go, push out some pellet poop when I do, and don't feel completely done with my bowel movement afterwards. I feel a strain on my rectum when I do poop. Basically, this kind of pellet poop occurs about 2-3 times a week, with no bowel movement in between, and only about once every 2 weeks do I get a real "good" bowel movement ie. long, thick, soft logs. Sometimes I see mucus in my pellet poop.

A bit about me - I am 30. I have never had constipation (at least, not like this) until this year. I eat a ton of vegetables and fruits and whole grains, and more crucially, my diet has not changed from the past 10 years until now.

Crucially, I went to see a Gastroenterologist about this in February and got a colonoscopy done. He said everything was normal - no issues. While this is relieving, it also makes things more puzzling.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be?

I spoke to my mother and she said when I was 7 years old, I did have one bout of very bad constipation where they did an x-ray on my bowels. The doctor mentioned something about my intestinal shape, but my mother didn't really understand and needless to say, no bowel movement issues until now. Does anybody know if this could be a thing?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.