Chronic pelvic pain after pelvic inflammatory disease - my successful story

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last year I got pelvic inflammatory disease when I was in Canada. Unfortunately, doctors refused to give me antibiotics for a month, until  pain was so hard that I was not able to walk. I was crying and begging for antibiotics, but all doctors said No. When I finally got antibiotics after month , pain decreased during next few fours. But because of delay in treatment, I got complication as hronic pelvic pain.

Pain was dull and aching, localized in areas of both ovaries. I have MD degree from Latvia, and in second year of university we was tought about management of chronic pain and rehabilitation of different diseases. I was not sure if Canadian doctors know about rehabilitation techniques of chronic pelvic pain. Because I was not able to find such information in English. I downloaded American books in rehabilitation, but only treatment they offered was pain killers.

So I downloaded russian book in rehabilitation and was surprised it offered many options of management of pelvic pain after PID. Unfortunately, all this options was available in rehabilitation clinics in countries like Germany, Russia, Baltic countries, but not in Canada.  Maybe there are, but hard to find.

One of options book offered was ultrasound therapy. I bought mini ultrasound machine and was using it as discribed in book. After 10 sessions pain was almost gone.  After arriving back to Latvia, I bought peloids and was using them at my pelvic region. After peloids I felt even better. Now I don’t have pelvic pain anymore, except few times when exposed to cold. Ultrasound and peloids was the cheapest and most available options for me, and it really helped me!

After telling my story to gynecologist in Latvia, she said my rehabilitation plan was perfect and asked do I have medical education, because peloids and ultrasound is very good treament, she said.

If somebody need, I can translate to english chapter from russian rehabilitation book about PID so you can make rehabilitation plan together with your doctor. Chapter discribes very precisely that regime and how often, how long you should use treatment.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi and thanks for sharing your experience!

I realise this is a very old post but I'm currently dealing with the exact same thing and I'd be really interested in learning more about these techniques that helped you. My PID infection is gone but the pain is still there, it feels like a dull period pain all over my pelvis and low back. I'm in Greece and I haven't found a doctor here that knows anything about how to treat chronic PID pain.

I'd love any advice!! Thank you so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.