Chronic pelvic pain, any ideas?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, ive been suffering from chronic pelvic pain for about a year and a half now and i dont seem to be getting anywhere.

The only way i can describe it is a constant ache in my vagina, behind the pubic bone. After seeing my GP, i eventually got a scan 10 months later, 5 weeks after that im still waiting for my results.

Nothing seems to work for the pain, over the counter pain killers are useless and even the strongest cocodamol i could get from the doctor doesnt work. Hot baths or water bottles dont work, and the only time i find relief is when im asleep. Being in this constant pain without a diagnosis is seriously effecting my mood and i feel down all the time. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it could be?

Maybe its also worth mentioning i suffer reccurent UTI's and thrush..i don't know if its linked.

Thanks guys x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Has your GP done a recent urine sample when you have had the UTI’s? x
    • Posted

Hi when i was last at the GP he took a sample and said everything was fine x
  • Posted

Hi, Paige! Sorry that you're experiencing so much pain and that your doctor hasn't been any help. It's possible that physical therapy could help with you're pelvic pain. I just started a few weeks for interstitial cystitis pain/issues and it's already helping. There are so many muscles and bones in the pelvic region and it's amazing to realize that just one of them being out of alignment can throw off everything else. And that's what can cause pain. You might have a different issue, but it's just an idea. Also, if you're not already taking a women's health probiotic ( meaning one that will support vaginal health) start one ASAP to help prevent yeast infections. This is especially important if you're taking antibiotics for UTIs. There are even supplements to help urinary health. One more thing: you might want to consider the possibility of interstitial cystitis. It presents like a UTI but there's no infection and can cause pelvic pain. There's a strong link between acidic foods/beverages and the pain they can inflict upon a person who suffers from IC. There are some helpful websites that can provide more information than I can. I hope you find answers and relief soon?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I finally got the results of my scan and they came back normal so will i discuss the IC with my doctor and see what he thinks x
  • Posted

Hi

Do you have kids? If so research Pelvic Congestion Syndrome.  If this sounds like a possible cause, message me and I’m happy to discuss / share my experiences further.

Either way, good luck. I feel for you and know how the constant discomfort can affect your mood. 

Cx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.