Chronic Prostate Problema

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 25 years old and have been dealing with prostate problems for around 4 years now. 2 of which were sympom free and was able to drink with no symptoms within that year. It seems like my triggers are booze and caffeine products, I can not cipro or bactrim along with doxy anymore as they don't clear up the symptoms.  Any suggestions on what can be done as I am having trouble getting through the days since Octtober of this year or another antibiotic that works so that I can clear this up and then stay away from triggers? 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What are your symptoms?
    • Posted

Sometimes problems urinating, very hard time with bowl movements, warm/chills, sometime frequency urinating, soreness in groin.
    • Posted

I was like that for year but then realized it was ic and not the prostate

Ic=intersitial cystitis

Coffee and alcohol also were my issue

• Posted

Àgain, it sounds like you need to see a good UROLOGIST. If you have been seeing one, you need to see a different one. This could be something other than a prostate infection.For example, it could be VD, cancer, stones in your prostate or bladder, or an obstruction in your urethra. In any case, you need to get it checked out and cured. Please let us know what you find.

Neal

• Posted

I second Neal.  Your health is at stake.  Don't be afraid to get a second opinion.
  • Posted

I too have had similar problems for over 2 years.  Long term use of Antibiotics clears it up but then once I stop mild symptoms return.  I now get periodic slight burning sensation when I urinate and sometimes a slow flow accumpanied with a dull ache in the groin area. 

All these symptoms seem to dissappear when I have a prostate massage session.  In despiration I purchased some Aneros prostate massage devices which can be quite pleasent to use and seem to drain the prostate.  Its almost as if my prostate gets congested and the massage drains the cause.  Anyone else find this?

• Posted

Hi, lots of alcohol has gluten in it!!!!! I had prostate problems for 17 years only to find out I am allergic to Gluten and Dairy a disease called Celiacs Disease. Google it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of these idiots that have Turps done etc refuse to believe me that most problems of enlarged prostate and prostititis, frequent urinating, pain in lower back, burning when urinating, discoloured semen, pain when ejaculating etc etc etc........ IS CAUSED BY EATING AND DRINKING OF THE WRONG FOODS!!!!!! If you guys are not willing to try THIS OUT OR and research into this.... well then SUFFER!!!!!!!
    • Posted

How did you find out you were allergic to gluten?
    • Posted

Hi Mike, it took me a long time to figure this out! When we are young our bodies are able to deal with most allergic reactions naturally, but as we get older they find it harder.

I started with prostate problems at age 25-27. It was so bad I could not urinate, my stream was slow anf urine dark. My lower back and the space between my testicals and anus was on fire. It felt stiff, I could not sit and to climax was very painful and I could not squirt out the semen, it just dribbled out. I wet my underwear everyday as after every frequent urination, my penis dribbled out the remains of urin. My testicles shriveled up. EVERYDAY WAS HELL AND I WAS SO SCARED I HAD CANCER OR SOMETHING AND THE CONTINUOUS PAIN DROVE ME MAD!

the doctor said I had chronic prostatitis and sistitis. He put me on a two week course of antibiotics ( PURBAC) Well it did help, but as the years went on I landed up doubling the dose and had to take it everyday of my life until it no longer had any relieving effect. I was on it for 17 years and although it did help, I never really felt 100% it was as if I was feeling 60% good of what I should have been. My ejaculations were still sore and weak and my urination was also but it was not as bad as when I did not use it until it never worked at all, plus I developed other complications with my mucas and throat.

I have been off antibiotics for 5 years now and pain free. I can urinate strongly and ejaculations are almost as normal as in my younger days. I guess some damage has been done over the 17 years of antibiotic abuse, but nevertheless I feel great and its wonderful to wake up pain free every day!

I used to work day in and out without eating or drinking anything sometimes for two days except for a glass of water every now and then, And when I did this, I felt so much better! I still did not click on immediately that, that was why I was feeling better. Years later I only became concious that whenever I ate or drank ( especially beer or wine or sometimes any alcohol) apart from certain foods, did the pain come or increase intensely. 

I then started to pay attention to what I was eating and what the ingredients were and after about 3 months had narrowed it down to gluten and dairy, some oils veggies and nuts and fruits too, caffine also. I used to consume all of these foods while growing up and I think that is why I did not associate food and drink with the source of my problem. You see as I said earlier as we get older, our bodies respond differently to foods and also build up resistance.

You might not have celiacs disease like I do but you might be allergic to other food and drink that is causing your prostate problems!!

Celiacs disease is inherited, But it may not show itself when you are young, it can kick in at any time of your life!!!

Ever since I have changed my diet, my life has changed!!! who would have thought food was to blame?? Not even the Doctors know about this and I have been to many and when I tell them they just look at me in disbelief!!! They dont care!! all they want is money.... A real doctor should be so passionate about his work... he would be too busy helping and only realise he has no food on the table untill it happens!

Anyway I am now 46 years old and pain free Yay and I haved help many friends and family out who have had similar experiences by simply getting to know your body through food. ITS TRUE, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!

I hope this will help you.

• Posted

In the past I have responded well to antibiotics, where symptoms stopped for 2 years, unfortunately within those 2 years I started drinking. My prostate problems started because a few years ago I had intercourse in which I was too drunk to ejaculate and did not till the next morning. It was unprotected and it may have something to do with that? I've been tested multiply times for Std's and have come back negative.
  • Posted

I have recently had a MRI to see Prostate it was inflammmed... Was put on a week of keflex. Seemed to clear up for a couple Days but I sit a lot at work, which I'm going to see if I can stand. Also starting PT becaue doctor says it has to do with my pelvic muscles. PT said that muscles were tense and tight. My doctor also said not give up sports activities such as hockey baseball. Any other suggestions of what else could help??
  • Posted

Chuck  I agree you need to see another doctor and get second opinion Your prostate is nothing to mess with.  Take care and good luck  Ken

• Posted

I currently see the best uro in my city... The one problem I'm facing as I'm allergic too 3 top antibiotics which have helped in past...PT felt my pelvic floor and said that muscles were tight.
    • Posted

As long as you trust him to do you right by you.  I have all the faith in my doctor.  Keep on trying maybe you will find another one that will work for you Good luck..Ken  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.